Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pint of Coke £5.50

Default Pint of Coke £5.50

What is the most you have had to pay for a pint of coke?
    I was at Grand Central Station Hotel in Glasgow a few months ago and was charged £5.50 draught (but it would have been over £8 if I wanted it from bottles).... I nearly fell over when they told me the price. Most of the drink was ice too!! Sad thing was that the bar staff weren't on £20 an hour... just min-wage!
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

Its getting ridiculous and people are still paying that money!
    Post mix and soda water (and associated running/upkeep or equipment) really does not cost much does it?

I ordered a soda and lime the other day in a restaurant and it was about £4! water and cordial!!

My local venue wonder why people bring their own drinks in as they simply can afford the costs.
    People are not stupid they know that it costs about a £1 a litre for proper bottled Coke in Tesco so why should venues have the right to rip people off.

More importantly to us though english people tend to loose their inhibitions after a few drinks, and tend to
    dance more so although it keeps people from becoming too drunk, people tend not to buy many drinks.
    Last edited by yourdj; 21-10-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

That's a ridiculous amount to pay for a glass of coke!

I take my own soft drinks. I honestly can't remember the last time I bought a soft drink whilst working.

Whenever I'm out DJing it's a pint of iced water for me. Even the high end venues don't charge you for that

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    That's a ridiculous amount to pay for a glass of coke!

I take my own soft drinks. I honestly can't remember the last time I bought a soft drink whilst working.
    I always buy the barman some chocolate I pick up on the way at my main venue.
    That way he gives me what ever I want through out the night and it only costs 60p
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Insane prices!
    Pretty good idea for venues really - good value venue hire and through the roof drinks prices!

Many I bet would overlook the drink prices if they found a nice venue for their wedding which they could afford.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I paid 84p for a pint of blackcurrant cordial and water (not soda) on Saturday. Extortionate!!

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I always buy the barman some chocolate I pick up on the way at my main venue.
    That way he gives me what ever I want through out the night and it only costs 60p
    That's bribery!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Big free drinks Tab at the bar last Saturday but I always take my own blackcurrant and apple with water.

I only ever drink water without ice at gigs or if I need a kick up the arse I'll take my own energy drinks.

FWIW I think you've been ed there because I hang out in Champagne Central now and again and whilst it's expensive, you're not even paying a fiver for a pint of lager and I can't think of any non champagne cocktails they do that are that expensive... I was gigging there on Saturday night and as I was getting a water someone ordered 3 halfs with glass bottles of Coke and it only came to 11 something or other...

£5.50 for a pint of coke?! That's surely a mistake??

The thing about it is you don't know the price until it's been poured for you, and at that point, most people are just going to stump up for it aren't they.

As well as that, we are even less likely to complain, for fear of leaving a negative image.