Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Websites..Is yours still performing how you'd like?

Default Websites..Is yours still performing how you'd like?

Sorry guys I know this topic has been done to death, but...

My website needs a complete overhaul as it's bringing next to nowt in these days. After speaking to 3 well known North East DJ's this morning. They all seem to be of the opinion that websites are very hit and miss these days. One has actually chucked his website in completely as it was a waste of space.

Wondered what everyone else's thoughts were on websites in general? And if yours is doing well. care to share your secret?

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post
    Sorry guys I know this topic has been done to death, but...

My website needs a complete overhaul as it's bringing next to nowt in these days. After speaking to 3 well known North East DJ's this morning. They all seem to be of the opinion that websites are very hit and miss these days. One has actually chucked his website in completely as it was a waste of space.

Wondered what everyone else's thoughts were on websites in general? And if yours is doing well. care to share your secret?
    I would not say hit or miss, its just not as easy as it used to be to create and optimise one.
    following the rise of content management ease creating decent looking sites for nout.
    I am no expert on sites but have quite a successful one given the high caliber of competition now days.

Did you want any critisism about the current one as i have lots Its a nice site though so don't get me wrong.
    i think you do not have to do much to make it work. Quick redesign and then focus on SEO. Get a decent company to get you back on the radar. You could do with a bit more key wording especially when it comes to places. There are loads with "DJ" "disco" etc. but also include local towns.

My advice is to make your current one easier to understand and navigate.
    Keep the top nav panel and extend it down to include better bigger photos and use them to sell the business.
    Ditch the clutter - such as quick links and other unnecessary text etc. as people will use the nav bar to navigate.

It looks (to me) at first glance like a retirement site when you land on the photo with the old couple,
    so unless thats your main work I would personally not include the small photos like that.
    It may also put off wedding and younger clients, which is why I have created a wedding only website.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 205
Size:  116.1 KB

Photo below:
    If i was not a DJ it would look to me like a venue owner waiting to serve food at a buffet or perhaps an empty dancefloor with one person on it.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 204
Size:  89.1 KB

It may look completely different larger though so would be good as a whole screen photo.
    Why not get a professional photographer to come with you and shoot you at a few weddings?
    For a small cost you can have some really great photos. Dress in a suit or whatever make you look best.

The other ink is not working (your name).
    Last edited by yourdj; 21-10-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I could not operate without my sites and busier than ever.
    I do most my google etc by regions and on page 1 in most areas I want to.
    I also find small photo/ video from YouTube seams to help

Gallery not loading on your site Steve too. Well the first image does and the others are just lines.

I have a mac with Safari.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I think maybe you need to work on Search Engine Optimisation more than the actual design as whilst it's not 100% it's good enough to get you work.

Plenty of good websites with helpful information about SEO if you wanted to give it a go.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I'm surprised someone has actually got rid of their website in this day and age? Sure most buying habits are still the same but to have no web presence?

I'd still say you need to work just as hard offline and direct good traffic to your site for it to return well but I'm sure one of the more web techy guys can confirm what you should/shouldn't be doing.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

My website seems to still be bringing in the work ok. I do try to put all the information a customer may require on it (Prices and Availability I believe to be particularly important). Most sites require a phone call for the client to get any real idea and they soon get tired of making phone calls. Maybe you need something that'll hook them to make that call? I haven't seen your site yet.

Both of mine perform very well although most people go looking for them specifically.

I Googled North East mobile disco and clicked on the Yell link which is prominent. Most of the websites on the first page looked pretty good and (sorry to be blunt) but perhaps a bit more modern and dynamic than yours?

Your site is way too honest! I wager that some of the DJ's that sit behind some of the glossier websites are way below your standard / experience.

Thanks for the input so far guys. The website is way out of touch and needs a radical overhaul. Martin (Vectis) no longer has the time to put in to it. So if anyone knows someone who could help. I'd greatly appreciate it

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post
    Thanks for the input so far guys. The website is way out of touch and needs a radical overhaul. Martin (Vectis) no longer has the time to put in to it. So if anyone knows someone who could help. I'd greatly appreciate it
    Probably some people will disagree but you could do a lot worse than a DIY job at www.moonfruit.com

Their websites work out at about 40 quid a year and the newer HTML versions are pretty good. Previously, they used flash which didn't work too well on some mobiles and tablets but the HTML sites function very well. Mine seems to appear when and where I want it to be so I can't complain.