Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Websites..Is yours still performing how you'd like?

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    like walking into a messy disorganised or dirty shop/restaurant. No different.
    Exactly, up to date websites (especially when referencing current information) helps give a great impression.
    It's not something I do personally (although maybe I should) but mentioning current music or some news which is relevant or current within your pages will show your visitors that you are still in business, regularly update your website and know what your talking about.

Just been browsing though a financial advisor's website and noticed in one of their subpages mention of events from a couple of months ago which gave me far more confidence than those that simply said "we provide this service, we do this, we do that" which could have been written 10 years ago for all I know!

Details

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

One of the things I like about the fact that this is all I do is that I have lots of time usually during the day to keep my website, facebook page and anything else up to date.
    I agree that if someone visits a website and can clearly see that it hasn't been updated for a while, it's going to be off putting.

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE HANLEY View Post
    What's the lad's name Peter? I can't call him Jiggles I sent Alex a pm on Facebook. Still waiting so he must be busy. Not even sure if he still advertises on here. Couldn't see it anyway
    Sadly I had an negative experience with Alex's services Steve. Hosted the site for a few months with the promise of some minor changes which never happened and no replies to several messages. Callum (Jiggles) might be worth a try.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Callum (Jiggles) might be worth a try.
    Has anyone heard from Callum over the last few weeks? I've been trying to contact him recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Has anyone heard from Callum over the last few weeks? I've been trying to contact him recently.
    You and me both! He was very chatty up until the point he asked me to pay for a service that i am still yet to receive!

There must be something about theses designers and printer companies
    Nice and chatty and then have your money and then don't speak to you when you need help
    Although so far web nation have bed A1

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    Sadly I had an negative experience with Alex's services Steve. Hosted the site for a few months with the promise of some minor changes which never happened and no replies to several messages. Callum (Jiggles) might be worth a try.
    Hi Neil.

I sent Alex a pm on Facebook over 2 weeks ago and heard nowt back since then. I also started to hear bad things about his service. So I'll wait until Jiggles comes back. Unless I find someone else before then.

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    He's been very quiet on FB too. Hope he's OK
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by surround sounds View Post
    There must be something about theses designers and printer companies
    Nice and chatty and then have your money and then don't speak to you when you need help
    Although so far web nation have bed A1
    Agreed, nothing but quick responses, quick amendments, good advice and a great performing website....

I managed to do my own website using Yahoo Sitebuilder. I'm not at all techy and found it all quite straight forward. Thought I'd mention it to show that you don't necessarily have to rely on someone else. It's not hard to do...honest! If I can do it then pretty much anyone can!!