Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: New lights

Default New lights

Even my setup changes now and again..................

New arrivals.
    a pair of chauvet obsessios 2`s.

New departures.

a pair of abstract extreme XP5`s.

The Obsessions are very similar to the Acme cougars , I was looking at the acme cheaters , but IMO they did not warrant the high price , and a side by side comparison showed the cheaters were not much brighter (50w v 10w).
    I can live with the combined gobo/colour wheel , I can still run as slowly rotating white for first dances , then just pull the DMX lead out.

The XP5`s were getting old ,and had seen their best , there was play in the gobo motor dish spindle , therefore the gobs were never lined up to give a sharp image , one unit will not transmit a DMX signal ( no problem if it`s the last in the chain)
    They were going through lamps at a unacceptable rate , plus they were heavy........ , sad to see them go , but nothing lasts for ever.

Daryll
    darylldj.co.uk , serving hampshire , Surrey and sussex

Hello Daryll

Have you seen the Acme Cheetahs against the Acme Cougars ? We have them side by side in the lighting showroom and there is without doubt a huge difference between them. Both are great lighting effects of course.