Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Smoke Machine Controllers - Mix and Match brands

Default Smoke Machine Controllers - Mix and Match brands

I've got a QTFX-900 smoke machine - not a bad machine does the job but recently the remote started playing up and the button is very intermittent.
    I'm assuming it's the wire as when I wiggle it sometimes the smoke machine works.

Now Assuming I need to get a new remote I was wondering if chauvet remotes work with the QTX machines, I'd like one of those timer remotes ideally.
    I had an old crappy smoke machine which the remote for worked with my chauvet bubble machine so I'm assuming it's possibly a yes if the connections are the same - any experiences?? as far as I'm aware QTX don't do these cool timer remotes.

I read a seller put this on their listing for a Chauvet remote - "for use only on chauvet machines, use on other machines may result in fire !!!, warranty void if tried on other units and it damages remote!".
    No idea how it could cause fire so I'm guessing they're trying to avoid the "it doesn't work, I'm returning it" cliche.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Don't know the internals of the models you've mentioned but... some machines use low voltage from the machine to the controller and some use mains, so unless you're 100% sure get it fixed or buy a new one.