Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Peavey Messenger pro 15 and pro subs not working in parallel

Default Peavey Messenger pro 15 and pro subs not working in parallel

Hi All,
    I have setup my equipment which I have just bought second hand. When connecting the subs and satellites in parallel the satellites are not putting anything out. This is the same on both channels. The satellites will connect in parallel. The subs don't. I did this just to check in and outputs. Satellites ok. Outputs definitely not working on the subs (Both).

I have set them up with each channel feeding into the subs and then onto the satellites, I know this to be right but both satellites are not working from the subs.

Both channels work and leads are ok.
    Help please.
    Many thanks,
    Gary

Hi Gary - I'm sure someone will come along to give you some advice very soon - but meanwhile could you pop along to the newbie section and introduce yourself please (bit of background about your DJ'ing, experience, what style etc).

No problem. Many thanks. Gary

have you got the leads theright way round ?

The leads from the bass bins to the tops are wire differently in the sockets - but for the life of me think what the pin outs are

Also are you using the right output and input sockets ?
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    have you got the leads theright way round ?

The leads from the bass bins to the tops are wire differently in the sockets - but for the life of me think what the pin outs are

Also are you using the right output and input sockets ?
    Although I'm not a Peavey user, I think you need cables wired on the other pins for joining Peavey subs to tops.

The Neutrik NL4 sockets, as their name implies, have four pins, labelled 1-, 1+, 2- and 2+. Normally, 1- and 1+ are used, but Peavey tend to offer various options.
    Finding this was tricky, but as far as I can see ( and remember ) you need a cable wired on 2- and 2+ to connect from of the sub, but still wired to 1- and 1+ on the tops.

Before you get the soldering iron out, try pluging just the tops into the amp, and check that they work on their own. Don't try going into tops first, and down into the subs. If your cabs are 4ohms each, this can be more than your amp can handle.

Hope this helps, if you're unsure about anything, ask first, it's safer and cheaper.

There are other ways of powering both cabs, what amp have you got?
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Although I'm not a Peavey user, I think you need cables wired on the other pins for joining Peavey subs to tops.

The Neutrik NL4 sockets, as their name implies, have four pins, labelled 1-, 1+, 2- and 2+. Normally, 1- and 1+ are used, but Peavey tend to offer various options.
    Finding this was tricky, but as far as I can see ( and remember ) you need a cable wired on 2- and 2+ to connect from of the sub, but still wired to 1- and 1+ on the tops.

Before you get the soldering iron out, try pluging just the tops into the amp, and check that they work on their own. Don't try going into tops first, and down into the subs. If your cabs are 4ohms each, this can be more than your amp can handle.

Hope this helps, if you're unsure about anything, ask first, it's safer and cheaper.

There are other ways of powering both cabs, what amp have you got?
    Thanks guys. That was exactly the issue.I have rewired the Speakons and now working fine. PEaveys also picked up on it once I showed them the pictures of my set up.
    Great help, well done everyone. Gary (Pulsemusic)

If you mark each cable with dif coloured tape or sticky label - you wont get them mixed up if the leads are of similar length
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

Default Thanks for help

Thanks to everyone for the help on this. I have all the subs and satellites working now and all cables marked up. Good show!
    Gary