Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wedding DJ attire...Sign of the times??

I have some black shirts made with the company logo on. Don't feel quite as stuffy and not had any comments either way.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    We ask the clients on our event questionnaire, so they can tick whichever box they want or write in their own. The most popular choices are most definitely 'Suit, no tie' or 'Smart Casual' (ie Shirt and trousers) - I couldn't say which was most popular without counting, followed by 'Suit with tie' and 'Black Tie' most definitely bringing up the rear.

I must admit, I personally am not a fan of the trousers, shirt and tie look without a jacket. That, to me, does make you look like you're having 'a day at the office'. Same I think that polo shirts are too casual for a wedding (although great for setting up / break down, and, indeed, have just had a lovely new lot of polos, hoodies, sweatshirts & fleeces made up with our logo on for just this purpose).

Very few other wedding suppliers are involved FOH as much as DJs are, and I think that if you are 'on show' throughout, presentation is important (just like the equipment).
    I might add that option to my bookings (what do you want the DJ to wear)?

Agree on the tie and especially on a tux when its not a very formal occasion although different attire can suit different types of people and frames.

I tend to look like this most the time. I am sat in bed with some ice cream so I may need jacket to hide the fat in the future :

Name:  wedding.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  42.4 KB
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Well timed thread resurrection

My past 3 weddings i have done wearing black jeans and black logo polo shirt - didn't make any difference, except i felt more comfortable.

One was at a good residency i have and the manager approved of the more casual approach.
    I'm sure I must have done that on occasion, but nowadays, shirt and tie is the most casual I get. ( At the start of the night ) Funnily enough, the last two brides who got in touch said there was no need for the tie, if I wished.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I'm sure I must have done that on occasion, but nowadays, shirt and tie is the most casual I get. ( At the start of the night ) Funnily enough, the last two brides who got in touch said there was no need for the tie, if I wished.
    No offence to you but I think you wold look far better not wearing a tie. I noticed Derek Pengelly and similar ditching the tie for a more casual open neck shirt and suit approach and they looked far better for it. My neighbour was a video person (70yo) and he looked 10 years younger / and more approachable when he did not wear a tie. He looked a bit like one of those teachers at school who should just retire and enjoy themselves before that.

Definitely depends on the venues and clients. wearing a suit in a social club full of people who think wedding attire is shorts and t shirt may make you look like a dick and vice verser at a 4 star hotel with everyone donned in posh suits, dresses and fascinators.
    Last edited by yourdj; 13-11-2014 at 07:22 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Definitely depends on the venues and clients. wearing a suit in a social club full of people who think wedding attire is shorts and t shirt may make you look like a dick and vice verser at a 4 star hotel with everyone donned in posh suits, dresses and fascinators.
    One word, Toby: Chameleon
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk