Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding DJ attire...Sign of the times??

We always ask what the client wants. Unless Black Tie or Suit & Tie is required, I usually wear a 3 piece suit & grandad collared shirt.

P.S. Sorry Lee, it looks like you're wearing your PJs in that photo.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

White shirt, open collar and jacket. I am thinking of going down a similar dress code to Paul soon though.

its funny a couple of years ago I'd of felt vastly underdressed if I didn't have a tie on!
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I've even seen me ditch the tie half way through the night (especially in the summer).
    In the old CD days, I'd always start fully attired, suit, tie, the lot. I'd usually ditched most of that very early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post

I've actually worn black jeans and shirt for the last couple of weddings.
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Disgraceful.
    Quote Originally Posted by BossmanKaraokeDisco View Post
    Firm believer in first impressions, always wear Black trousers, Black shirt and black
    Stay clear of the shadows son, ah say stay clear of the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    its funny a couple of years ago I'd of felt vastly underdressed if I didn't have a tie on!
    That's because you are. There are standards you know.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Wear whatever you personally feel respectable in, there's no right or wrong in my humble opinion. The venue does matter on certain occasions, but 90% of my work is conducted in a plain black polo shirt, black trousers, black shoes and a ginger Ronald McDonald wig. Ok, so the wig bit was a fib. I've often swerved wearing a tux at black tie events because I'm a working entertainer, not a waiter. Unless I'm asked to step out from behind the kit to host an event centre stage, my regular attire is always welcomed and accepted.
    DJ Ian Scott
    www.djianscott.com

"The Earth has music for those who listen."

I've got a selection of white striped shirts along with black trousers and black comfy shoes.
    Have been considering getting a nice red shirt but think it may not suit me all that well ... maybe I'll put that on the Christmas Wish list!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post

That's because you are. There are standards you know.
    Sorry Peter but have you actually spoken to anyone getting married in the last few years. I beg to differ with your comment there.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

generally ask what clients want me to wear - smart casual, suit or black tie. if there for afternoon I generally suggest suit - if just for evening them I suggest smart casual - as the evening is more relaxed. I do not generally like the look of DJs in suits - you can look like an accountant or bank manager - or get confused with long forgotten Uncle Bob and get asked 'are you related to the bride and groom? a logo'ed shirt helps set you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    generally ask what clients want me to wear - smart casual, suit or black tie. if there for afternoon I generally suggest suit - if just for evening them I suggest smart casual - as the evening is more relaxed. I do not generally like the look of DJs in suits - you can look like an accountant or bank manager - or get confused with long forgotten Uncle Bob and get asked 'are you related to the bride and groom? a logo'ed shirt helps set you apart.
    I would think being stood behind a couple of grands worth of Disco equipment would help clarify if you are the DJ or not. I guess its horses for courses and all that, but I hold the opposite view, far preferring a suit. I have to add, the suits I wear are generally quite nice suits. Nothing stuffy about it, just smart, I guess if you look comfortable in a suit, wear one, if not, wear what you are comfortable in, in accordance with the dress code discussed with the customer.

....in fact....no....thinking about it...all the other people attending a wedding in a professional capacity are likely to be smarter dressed than a Polo TShirt. I consider myself a Wedding Professional, therefore.....MC's, Registrar's, Hotel/Venue Management....all smartly dressed....so to should the Entertainment, in mu opinion.
    Last edited by Ryu; 10-12-2013 at 03:15 PM.

In an ideal world I'd be able to wear my http://www.:Censored::Censored::Cens...d:eshirts.com/ but I usually wear a suit, shirt and tie is optional.

I think I might do a casual kilt and black shirt look for my Christmas parties though.

Each to there own really
    I normally set up and dismantle in smart jeans and logo shirt
    Once i have set up i get changed in to suit or trousers and shirt.