Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old bands, new tours.

Default Old bands, new tours.

Do they ever work, or should you settle for the fond memories? We've seen the Eagles after nearly forty years, and they were fabulous. ( Going to see them again next year on what may be their last ever tour ). Saw Rod Stewart two years ago, and he was awesome.

Catalyst for this is that on Tuesday, we're going to see the first band I ever saw in concert. One important member has died, couple of original members are absent, and they're all getting on a bit. Will it be a worthwhile trip out?

It's Lindisfarne at Christmas, so I'm fairly optimistic.

What do you think/who have you seen in the twilight of their careers, and was it good or bad? Over to you.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I've recently seen Hawkwind, well, Dave Brock's the only true original member (and he's 76). Then saw 10cc, and just a few weeks ago I went to see Manfred Mann. All the groups were awesome and are true musicians.

10cc were especially good, i'd forgotten just how many hits they'd had. All the bands appeared at the Picturedrome in Holmfirth, a great live music venue and well worth the trip if there's a band on you'd like to see.

So, yes, i'd say it's definitely worth going to see these recycled bands

Cheers

Jem

sitting in sleazy snack bar sucking sickly sausage rolls
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Lindisfarne are brilliant I think and still sound as good as ever. It's just a shame the band has effectively split into 2 seperate bands now with Billy Mitchell and Ray Laidlaw doing their own thing.

I work a fair bit with Billy Mitchell and he must be the nicest most humble person I have met.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    Did you by any chance mean to post this on Twitter, or Faceache or whatever you lot use? I fail to see what relevance a running commentary on your location and diet have to do with this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Lindisfarne are brilliant I think and still sound as good as ever.
    Pleased and relieved to hear it. I'll give my thoughts as soon as possible after.

It's just a shame the band has effectively split into 2 seperate bands now with Billy Mitchell and Ray Laidlaw doing their own thing.
    Always a shame when that happens. It's asking a lot for artistic types to get on for such a length of time without any rifts appearing.

I work a fair bit with Billy Mitchell and he must be the nicest most humble person I have met.
    If that's the lad who does after dinner speaking, I did one with him a few years ago, and he was an absolute scream.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I'd say if they can play to the same standard and put on the same how, then yeah, why not!

The Stones have arguably not put anything out of note within the last 30 years, but folks are always going to like their back catalogue when they play live. They haven't even had to split up!

I'm not sure I agree with the advertising of The Drifters and The Temptations, who don't even have one original member left

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Did you by any chance mean to post this on Twitter, or Faceache or whatever you lot use? I fail to see what relevance a running commentary on your location and diet have to do with this thread.
    No!!!!
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    I understand some refurbishment work has been done and they now have proper toilet facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Did you by any chance mean to post this on Twitter, or Faceache or whatever you lot use? I fail to see what relevance a running commentary on your location and diet have to do with this thread. .
    No-one came to criticize, no-one to complain

Hopefully you will see the Bright White Light, and then We Can Swing Together before the Run For Home.
    The Lindisfarne Christmas show is always an occasion (seen it 3 times )
    Lady Eleanor gets my vote for showstopper
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

Default 80s

I saw the following in the 80s....
    Bon Jovi
    Megadeth
    Metallica
    Anthrax
    Iron Maiden
    Gong
    (to name but a few)

I have seen videos or recent performances by these bands and none of them are a good as the first time around... especially Bon Jovi.

So.... memories are better for me.

I did see Guns n Roses too.... but they weren't any good (even back then). Axl had a deep voice on stage!!
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/