Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Drive a Renualt Trafic,Vauxhall Vivaro or Nissan Primastar? Read this top tip.

Default Drive a Renualt Trafic,Vauxhall Vivaro or Nissan Primastar? Read this top tip.

I've got the Renault trafic version of this common van (56 plate) and on Xmas eve when I went to put it in gear the gear stick became like trying to stir a big bowl of porridge where you couldn't select any gears and therefore I was unable to drive it. Luckily I had only nipped out to deliver some Xmas presents and it went as I was at a set of traffic lights at the junction to my my road. A quick "Fred Flintstone" scoot with the door open and I managed to roll down my road and pull up outside my house

As I didn't need the van for a while plus it was 5pm on Xmas eve I've only this afternoon got around to looking at it. Fearing the worst: Snapped gear selector cables or something internal in the gearbox gone I googled the problem and it was one of three things the two mentioned already plus the white selector cable was known to pop off it's mount on the gearbox.

That's what had happened on mine the White gear cable had popped off of the selector on top of the gearbox itself and it just popped back on and I was sorted in about 2 minutes. Very happy me!

What I did find on ebay though is a metal bracket to stop this happening again pic below for the princely sum of £19.99 and it's due to arrive tomorrow.

Name:  gearbox link with bracket.JPG
Views: 4829
Size:  39.7 KB

Here's the ebay link too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1511946483...84.m1497.l2649

So my new year tip to you is if you've got one of these vans save yourself some dramas when your cable does eventually pop off because it will and get yourself one of the brackets.

There's even a natty little video of how to fit it!
    Last edited by Spirits High; 27-12-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I had that happen to me en-route to a gig on the last van. Cheers for the tip paul. I'll be ordering one of those I think. Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I had that happen to me en-route to a gig on the last van. Cheers for the tip paul. I'll be ordering one of those I think. Got a link?
    Something so simple to go wrong can be sorted for £20.

There's an ebay link in the first post.
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Doh! Missed it first time. Cheers. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Doh! Missed it first time. Cheers. :-)
    Haha! no worries.

As a quick update it was ordered on Xmas eve despatched yesterday and arrived today complete with full pictorial fitting instructions. Was dead easy to fit took about 30 seconds of wiggling and jiggery pokery but it's on secure and I'm happy again!