Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car break ins, better safe than sorry.

I was going to say the same thing.
    I am not going to be a hypocrite and say that I don't do it because I do and it's down to laziness at the end of the day.
    I'm also not going to say it's any different for me even though I have a van that is alarmed and backed up to my garage.
    It IS easily done though when for example you have had a booking on a Friday and get home late and then you have a booking on the Saturday too.
    It only takes 10 minutes to unload and I guess 5 minutes to steal?
    It is a pain in the backside when you get back in the early hours and it's raining, cold and you're hungry but the equipment is our work tools so we should value it more rather than leaving it wherever.....(there you go, I'm being a hypocrite. I think I might have to make more effort from now on).

Just something else to mention - A friend of mine does a lot of PA work. He generally does sound for local gigs. His equipment isn't that great but that's not the point. He lives in quite a rough area of town and leaves his stuff in the landrover 9 times out of 10. I keep telling him that's he's asking for trouble but does he listen? It's on view for all to see. At least my van doesn't have windows and the only things that stay in the van permanently are the JBL's because they're really bulky (and heavy) and the Ultimax stand base.

Yep vans are more secure especially if they are alarmed. Plus think about installing a motion activated security light and CCTV systems are now not expensive.
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco

...& this year's award for thread necromancy goes to.....
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    ...& this year's award for thread necromancy goes to.....

Followed closely by the leading contender for the most predictable reply. Watch it Young Corabar, you may have hit Fifty, but you're still a whippersnapper. Time doesn't have the same relevance when you get to our age.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Dead right - and car break ins have not gone away neither.
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco

...and vans have been proven to be very insecure now. It's way too easy to defeat the manufacturers locks or peel a sliding door.

Despite having no history of break-ins, lots of alarms, good off street parking and CCTV cameras on the house, nothing of significant value stays in either my car or van overnight.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography