Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The progression of disco gear over the years.

ahh yes the record trawling, remember it well . as for the squires catalogue wow definatly a blast from the past ..I remember wanting a thames II , all started for me with a fal ranger.
    being the 4th incarnation of mobile again its changed so much from what I thought I wanted to what we have ended up with .

This was my first ever system, was a christmas present i was 12, im now 30 and still loving it, (not this set up) oh how i loved my twin decks
    Name:  10373837_326720600812868_8429142499990716008_n.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  29.4 KB
    i was Time warp roadshow, because my dad knew Richard obriens manager and he gave me the second ever vinyl pressing of the time warp (still have it) and richard obrian got the first

Quote Originally Posted by funktions View Post
    ahh yes the record trawling, remember it well . as for the squires catalogue wow definatly a blast from the past ..I remember wanting a thames II , all started for me with a fal ranger.
    being the 4th incarnation of mobile again its changed so much from what I thought I wanted to what we have ended up with .
    I had the Thames 2 with autocue wow that was technology back then my first deck was the citronice stateline Delaware from memory I had an extra 50 watt amp built into the console giving me 50 watts each side
    Last edited by Excalibur; 06-07-2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Fixed typo

I sometimes use a valve mixer.

My first rig was a couple of Garrard decks and a very basic mixer.

With 46 years as a dj behind me I have seen soooo many changes.

I started with a pair of Garrard turntables from record players that I built plinths o for fed into a transistor Eagle 4 ch mixer as was the mic and then to a 30w valve amp with EL34 push pull valve line up, if my memory serves me right. Speakers were a pair of Bakers Selhurst 12".

No lights for first gig Aug 3rd 1968.