Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: What DMX Software???

Default What DMX Software???

Further to a recent thread, I am looking to purchase and start using DMX Software, but unsure what to get or what is best.

I have tried ShowXpress from Chauvet, but it doesn't seem to be very stable on my Mac. However I do like the ability to prepogram your show on 3D view before rather than having to program with all your lights hooked up.

So of the top of my head - this is what I would like ......

• A Mac (preferably) or PC Software based DMX Program
    • The ability to control preset scenes through a MIDI controller if poss.
    • The ability to program moving heads in patterns such as circles or room sweeps without having to program all the induvidual steps.
    • Something that is quick, simple and easy to use, as well as program and run on the fly.
    • Ideally something where I can preprogram and preview on my laptop like in Showexpress' 3D Viewer.
    • Have the ability to run several programs at the same time. For example, I have used Avolites Titan One (as an end user with no programming), and it enabled me to run a moving head program, as well as choose the colour program and gobo independently all at the same time - if that makes sense.

Would be interested to here people thoughts, recommendations and what you guys and girls all use.????

Ralph @ Disco Magic
    www.disco-magic.co.uk
    www.toastmasterinsurrey.co.uk

"Creating Magical Memories and Exceptional Events"

Ive been playing around with Free Styler for last year - itsa free which is a bunus - not yet got around to creating scenes n stuff as at moment only use it for my par cand and front of house lights, altho hoping to add me lasers n other lighting to it soon
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/