Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Top 10 ish Modern Ballroom

Default Top 10 ish Modern Ballroom

Had a Wedding last night where the B&G are very competitive Ballroom dancers along with most of their guests and was a great night.

I thought it would be useful to share with you a few tracks along with what type of dance they are as I know we've got a top 10 of Strict Tempo but not modern ballroom:

Maroon 5-moves like jagger (cha cha)
    Caro Emerald- want that man (quickstep)
    Jessie J - domino (cha cha)
    Kenny Loggins - footloose (jive)
    Imelda May - love you inside out (jive)
    Paolo Nutini - nothings gonna bring me down (quickstep)
    Olly Murs - dance with me tonight (jive)
    Tom Jones - sex bomb (cha cha)
    Olly Murs - Troublemaker (samba)
    Enrique Iglesias - Not in love (cha cha cha)
    Cee Lo Green - Forget you (cha cha cha)
    John Paul Young - love is in the air (samba)
    Dolly Parton - 9 till 5 (quickstep)
    Adele - to make you feel my love (rumba)
    Cindy Lauper - time after time (rumba)
    Enrique Iglesias - Bailamos (samba)
    Enrique Iglesias - Hero (rumba)
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

Very interesting. I'm interested to know how you ascertained the style and suitability of the tracks in question. Did the customer tell you, or is there a site which posts this information?

PS, glad it went well, it's always nice to play some strict tempo to an appreciative audience.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Very interesting. I'm interested to know how you ascertained the style and suitability of the tracks in question. Did the customer tell you, or is there a site which posts this information?

PS, glad it went well, it's always nice to play some strict tempo to an appreciative audience.
    Unfortunately Peter I can't claim to be the new Len Goodman. The client gave me the list of the modern songs but after last night I was starting to tell my Foxtrots from my Quicksteps! It was a really good Wedding to Dj at as I'd never seen Rihanna danced to like that before
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

You usually find that, with ballroom, strict tempo & Latin and the like, the customer will give you all the information that you need. Just stick to their plan and you're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    I'd never seen Rihanna danced to like that before
    You didn't mention a Rihanna track. Which one & what dance?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Not quite a "Top 10" but I got a ballroom dancing box set a few months ago with all modern (and not-so-modern) tracks on it. Each individual cd contains it's own dance. I can't remember it's title but it could well be this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lets-Dance-F...9103713&sr=1-6

I only used it for one gig but it seems to be quite a good album if you need something quick for a gig!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    You didn't mention a Rihanna track. Which one & what dance?
    It was only girl in the world but I have no idea what they were doing looked like a cha cha cha but don't quote me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Not quite a "Top 10"
    Hence the "ish" in the title

but I got a ballroom dancing box set a few months ago with all modern (and not-so-modern) tracks on it. Each individual cd contains it's own dance. I can't remember it's title but it could well be this one:

I only used it for one gig but it seems to be quite a good album if you need something quick for a gig!
    Nice resource that, good find!

Not quite a "Top 10" but I got a ballroom dancing box set a few months ago with all modern (and not-so-modern) tracks on it. Each individual cd contains it's own dance. I can't remember it's title but it could well be this one:

Did yours have original artists or "new recordings"?
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries