Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Equinox DJ Booth system

Default Equinox DJ Booth system

Had a search and can't find a thread about this new product that arrives in December.

A decent looking folding booth with black led, plain black & plain white covers. Top price is £499 for all the 3 covers and mike at phase 1 has done one of his natty little vids.

Product details: http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/stand...arry-bag-p1318

Video:
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I've got the Equinox screen and personally think it looks much better than this but I think this will be a big seller.

With that being said, if I was looking at spending that sort of money for a facade come booth I'd be more inclined to put another few hundred towards a Lite Console as I think it looks better than this though still not as nice as the Equinox screen.

I quite like it.
    I have the screens too and I like them but I don't use them all the time.
    I have an NJD Starcloth with my Ultimax and that looks the same as this..........BUT, this looks quick and easy to set up.
    The only problem I have (and I am tempted by this) is that I have got into a kind of groove with my set ups as everything is pre-wired and slots into place like a jigsaw.
    With this, you'd need separate light stands and all that stuff.

Not sure what to do about this to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I quite like it.
    I have the screens too and I like them but I don't use them all the time.
    I have an NJD Starcloth with my Ultimax and that looks the same as this..........BUT, this looks quick and easy to set up.
    The only problem I have (and I am tempted by this) is that I have got into a kind of groove with my set ups as everything is pre-wired and slots into place like a jigsaw.
    With this, you'd need separate light stands and all that stuff.

Not sure what to do about this to be fair.
    I'm thinking the same. My big concern is uprights. I'm still in the Deckstand gang at present, so having to break out from using a deckstand to using separate truss and winchpods seems like a pain, especially when about 70% of my gigs at present don't require more than about four lights At least the DSB Pro has the option to attach uprights & bar. Having used the Equinox screens for a while, I suspect that this probably wouldn't be sturdy enough to take uprights (with any appreciable load on the bar).

Have to get a look at it in person somewhere....

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    I've got the Equinox screen and personally think it looks much better than this but I think this will be a big seller.

With that being said, if I was looking at spending that sort of money for a facade come booth I'd be more inclined to put another few hundred towards a Lite Console as I think it looks better than this though still not as nice as the Equinox screen.
    totally.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

great looking setup but I think the release date is a little late. i=If they got it for the start of December you would have a lot of DJs buying it for the xmas gigs and the part time DJs putting it on the xmas list
    Magic & Hypnosis www.James-Kennedy.co.uk Discos & Event Managment www.EntsHQ.co.uk

They had the Equinox booth at PLASA. We gave it a good going-over and this is what we concluded:

1) First impressions on stability and strength were good. Comparable with the AED DSB V.2
    2) Shelf seemed quite high but for a six-footer, it was ideal!
    3) Starcloth appeared to made from felt-like material and not strong serge wool stuff. Looked a bit 'flimsy'
    4) No upright options as yet planned, according to the staff
    5) Excellent price point though, and an ideal product for those who don't have a grand to spend on the alternatives.
    DJ Ian Scott
    www.djianscott.com

"The Earth has music for those who listen."

Quote Originally Posted by DJIanScott View Post
    They had the Equinox booth at PLASA. We gave it a good going-over and this is what we concluded:
    I did too. first view for me and i was impressed. We have an open day at Blue Aran soon so hopefully they will have one there too?
    Still prefer my screen, but its good value and as people say perfect for the christmas market.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I did too. first view for me and i was impressed. We have an open day at Blue Aran soon so hopefully they will have one there too?
    Still prefer my screen, but its good value and as people say perfect for the christmas market.
    I've placed my order for it, due out early December.

My local dealer said that there will be an overhead bar option released for this very soon so keep a look out..

Quote Originally Posted by haverer View Post
    My local dealer said that there will be an overhead bar option released for this very soon so keep a look out..
    When that happens (depending on the price point) it's going to be a game changer. I'll be sold.

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography