Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Nexo PS15 & controller

Default Nexo PS15 & controller

Hi Guys

firstly, a happy new year to you all. hope the gigs were all good over the holiday period.

Ok, i have been having an issue with one of my RCF Art 525a's. I had noticed for sometime i was getting a 'popping' noise from it. Initially i put this down to a balloon or something 'popping' at the gig. The fault developed to the speaker shutting down. My guess was an issue on the power supply within the unit itself (time will tell on that one when they find the speaker!!!!). I dropped the speaker off at the local RCF dealer in Livingston where they tested it but couldn't come up with a fix for the fault so the speaker was sent to Ampman for a more in depth look. After almost 7 weeks of the speaker being away and being given the complete round around by the shop i called Ampman to see what was happening. the girl wasn't meant to tell me anything because the shop in Livingston was the customer but she looked to see if it was on the system, it wasn't!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets just say from the service i have been given by a friend/shop i have used for close on 20 years has lost a customer. If only the staff had the drive of the owner!

Sorry, rant over. Because of the above (and still not got the speaker back where ever it may be) i have been looking at new speakers. I have come to the conclusion that i want something with the capability of delivering high volume and high quality. I have pretty much decided on the Nexo PS15's.

Do any of you guys run these speakers?

I have sourced a pair with controller and flight case so going on feedback here may make a move on them.

Let me no your thoughts. they will mostly be getting used without bins.

Thanks

Iain

Still one of the best all round boxes, just make sure you power them properly.

do any of you guys no he best way to set up these speakers and controller with sensing wires etc and if they should be set up active or passive. its an eye opener looking at these and all the different areas that need addressing.
    any help would be great.

Iain

I have several pairs of PS15s and I love them.

Anyways, they sound best active, but then you would need one controller per box aswell as double the amplifier channels. But for most things they sound good enough passive. Don't use them without the controller though, they sound horrible. The controller really does work magic.

The easiest way to setup the sense cables is to have a patch panel on your rack unless your amp has both speakons and binding posts, in which case just plug the sense cables straight into the binding posts.

If I remember correctly, the PS15s are wired in a weird way, so you may have to take apart a speakon to rewire, I think full range input is on 2+/- rather than the first two cores.