Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Secondary PA.

Default Secondary PA.

Morning folks,

Looking at a secondary PA options at the moment. I currently have a mackie rig, with 2x450v2s and an 1801, which see's me right for my main rig. This year however, I have been racking up a lot of all-day packages, whereby I provide background and ceremony music.

I have a couple of options.

1) Buy another 450v2.

This could be utilised on its own for Ceremonies and background, capable as it is. It would also be a spare should either of the mains go.

2) look at a pair of 10", possibly the Alto's or a definitive small rig, like an LD system

These could work nicely as a ceremony/background rig, and potentially as back up for the main rig, although not ideal.

3) Any of your alternative awesome suggestions....

Any comments welcome and appreciated.

Thanks

Default 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post

1) Buy another 450v2.

This could be utilised on its own for Ceremonies and background, capable as it is. It would also be a spare should either of the mains go.
    Your first Answer seems the most logical. At least you will have a spare.
    I use a pair of Mackie SRM350s with a small mixing desk for daytime background music and speeches (unless the room is very big.. in which case I'll use 450s or K12s)
    All the best
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

Cheers Lee, that does seem a simple solution.

I am open to options though, and would welcome futher alternative suggestions. I saw some PSR8s on here a while back....are satellite speakers worth considering~?

Also worth considering as it has a myriad of uses...

Clicky

Although the mics are VHF and very plasticy, it has a very reasonable sound for the money. Very versatile with line inputs, SD card, USB input etc and battery powered, so no cables to stick down.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    Also worth considering as it has a myriad of uses...

Clicky

Although the mics are VHF and very plasticy, it has a very reasonable sound for the money. Very versatile with line inputs, SD card, USB input etc and battery powered, so no cables to stick down.
    That's an interesting suggestion....It is essentially a "PA for speeches" isn't it. Have you heard it with music and as a speech PA (if you know what I'm trying to say )

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    That's an interesting suggestion....It is essentially a "PA for speeches" isn't it. Have you heard it with music and as a speech PA (if you know what I'm trying to say )
    I have one and have used it for speeches, background music, a football tour, sat in the garden....

No, you are going to get the best quality sound, but it is reasonable. Not much bass, but do you need a lot?

You can come and have a listen to mine of you like?

I can vouch for it as well having borrowed Darren's.

I used it at a wedding for speeches and for a chill-out room (music was on an SD card) - it was more than up to the job. One of it's biggest attractions is the battery power - it's can be used anywhere, no messing about with mains cables. Perfect for summer weddings where they might want a bit of background music in the grounds or an open air ceremony.

I use a QTX 12 inch battery speaker for most my all days. Probably done 70-80 since i bought it now.
    Unless in a large room or marquee they are great and can be used for background with an SD card.

I have the 10 inch and 12 and would only really recommend the 12 for bass response and the fact that the sodding radio comes on when you turn on the 12!! it is also charged by 9 volt whereas the 12 is an IEC - easier. It is however much smaller and lighter so fits in tight spaces.

LD Dave would be a good bet - I have three of those systems now.
    10 is a good one for ceremonies. i use one with RCF 310 tops.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/