Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: replacement drivers

Quote Originally Posted by wayne_uk View Post
    I think i may have found the drivers, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Pyle-P...ht_2757wt_1259
    Hmmmm. did you check the location? It's across the pond.
    Why not have a word with Thompsons, who are in this country, supply Pyle drivers, were sugested by someone, Oh look, 4 hole compression drivers, what a coincidence.
    and although dearer, are higher rated, and a lot louder. Now whether you will need extra loudness in this area, I don't know. I do know know that I bought some very cheap ones for a project, which work superbly, but just aren't loud enough. We're in " suck it and see " territory here, sadly.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

all of theirs are m6 bolts with a 90mm hole centres
    mine are m5 with a 75mm hole centres, i can drill out the mounting bracket to accomodate m6 bolts but reall dont want to re-drill the bracket for 90mm hole centres, i will still keep looking for a uk company to supply me, someone somewhere will do them i'm sure

mine are m5 with a 75mm hole centres, i can drill out the mounting bracket to accomodate m6 bolts but reall dont want to re-drill the bracket for 90mm hole centres, i will still keep looking for a uk company to supply me, someone somewhere will do them i'm sure
    Ah. Fair enough then.

Here's an option then, as Toby suggested from Blue Aran. bolt to screw adaptor
    Screw on drivers are a doddle to find.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140W-Bolt-...4#ht_603wt_721
    will fit an AC Euro ACP115T (as referred to earlier by Excalibur). M5 holes that correspond exactly to the mounting bracket. I know this as I fitted one as an emergency measure to one of mine and worked fine.
    May still have a pair of them in the garage for postage only ?, if I can find them
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140W-Bolt-...4#ht_603wt_721
    will fit an AC Euro ACP115T (as referred to earlier by Excalibur). M5 holes that correspond exactly to the mounting bracket. I know this as I fitted one as an emergency measure to one of mine and worked fine.
    Funnily enough, those are on my ebay watch list. Nice enough price. All I'll say is that while they will undoubtedly fit the mountings and make a noise, they may not make enough noise. I bought some screw in ones with similar specs, cos they were cheap. Very cheap. They sound really lovely, and smooth, but they're just too quiet. As Kernow says though, cheap enough to fit as a stopgap while you source a better solution. Good luck, keep us posted as to what you get, and how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Funnily enough, those are on my ebay watch list. Nice enough price. All I'll say is that while they will undoubtedly fit the mountings and make a noise, they may not make enough noise. .
    ???
    They're rated at 150W/94db, and although I know you can't hear watts , the HF amp on an SRM450 v2 only kicks out 100W. Should be more than adequate HF for a 15" Full range cab ?
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall

mine are m5 with a 75mm hole centres,
    As are mine, it transpires. Thanks for the heads up, could have saved me from making a pig's ear of the whole job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
    ???
    They're rated at 150W/94db, and although I know you can't hear watts , the HF amp on an SRM450 v2 only kicks out 100W. Should be more than adequate HF for a 15" Full range cab ?
    Indeed. But the whole of those 100 watts find their way to the HF unit in the Mackie. In a passive cab like the Class D, many of them are soaked up by the crossover. Coupled with an inefficient driver, this drops the HF output quite a bit.

I fitted some equivalent units in my Class D cabs, and they just can't keep up with the equally inefficient 15" drivers. Next time, the ones I use will be louder.

Here we go. A possible solution. Fiver plus carriage, then you can use any of the screw in drivers readily available.

I did see them, lol
    the page is in my favourites menue, i have a number of routes to look at, i'm surprised that not a lot of uk companies do the pyle unit that i posted.
    had a good search around tinternet and most are from the usa

Since I wanted a pair myself, I contacted Thompsons ( Who I have found good to deal with. They're based in Macclesfield, but hey, nobody's perfect. )
    The latest reply was :

Hey there,

Okay then you want a pair of these PDB552 Pyle. They are great quality build and high power... But cost peanuts.

Thanks.

Jed

I haven't had an exact definition of " Peanuts ", but sounds promising. I'll keep you posted.

STOP PRESS:

Blimey, peanuts aren't cheap this time of year. Thirty quid each delivered. Jesting aside, that's not a daft price, in my opoinion.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 22-01-2014 at 12:45 PM.