Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: replacement drivers

Default replacement drivers

Hi guys,
    I need to replace the mid/high frequency drivers in a set of class-D jac-15's, does anyone know where i can get some from
    thanks
    wayne

Quote Originally Posted by wayne_uk View Post
    Hi guys,
    I need to replace the mid/high frequency drivers in a set of class-D jac-15's, does anyone know where i can get some from
    thanks
    wayne
    If you're looking for the originals, you'll struggle, since as far as I know Class D are no longer trading. I'm guessing they have compression drivers in, rather than piezos. Piccies would help, as would any specs written on them. Do they screw in, or bolt on?

I think you'll be forced to get something that looks close, and hope.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

i have tried a few places, they are compression drivers, and they are a 4 bolt, bolt on unit, most drivers are 3 bolt, hence the trouble getting replacements,
    I guessed class-D had ceased trading as no reply to mails, but with their customer service in the past i was not expecting much of a reply

Take a picture of the driver and post it up. Someone will surely be able to point you in the right direction.

i'll get one taken the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by wayne_uk View Post
    i have tried a few places, they are compression drivers, and they are a 4 bolt, bolt on unit, most drivers are 3 bolt, hence the trouble getting replacements,
    Indeed they are. I myself have a project in progress which may use the same horn mountings. Oh look, 4 hole compression drivers, what a coincidence.

There may easily be others, I don't know. I have these in mind for said project. I don't guarantee that they fit the mountting plate, but I'd suggest contacting the seller, and ask what the PCD ( Pitch Circle Diameter ) is. That's a circle which passes through the centre of all the mounting holes.

Keep us posted.

I seem to remember speakers identical to the class D ones were being sold under a different brand name, trouble is I can't remember what it was, does it ring any bells with you Peter?
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    I seem to remember speakers identical to the class D ones were being sold under a different brand name, trouble is I can't remember what it was, does it ring any bells with you Peter?
    Sort of. AC Euro had the same cabinets, but Eminence drivers. I once saw boxes and boxes of them in the warehouse. Latterly some cabs labelled " Konig" ( I think ) were being sold on the Class D website. I don't think these shared the same drivers, though I'm only guessing there.

Give Blue Aran a call as they produce their own drivers and supply a good range.
    Andy is a great bloke and great company - Just had an HDA curry with him.

Mention Toby as he always moans at me that I don't buy anything

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bl...w=1280&bih=702
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I think i may have found the drivers, look the same, bolt holes are the right distance, throat may be close but not too bad, and the rating looks to be ok, the original does not have any details or specs on it just an 8ohm sticker.
    but you get the idea what i require

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Pyle-P...ht_2757wt_1259