Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get bookings?

Default How to get bookings?

Hi,

Due to family issues i havent done many discos within the last yeat. But have just started to get the time to get out of a weekend evening to do them. But i dont know if anyone else is having the same problem but finding bookings is quiet.

Has anyone got aby ideas as to what i can do to help fill up the slots??
    What should i do to get bookings?

If anyone can help id be grateful?

thanks.

Hi
    Well this is the 1st sat i have had off for ages, Weird really cause i do not really know what to do with my spare time, Anyway.
    I have looked at your website and it looks fine but i gathered its a free wix.com website. I am guessing its not great in google. If not i think that would be a good starting point as i get most of my work in the search engines. Then maybe Free listing in things like Yell.com etc may help to get you going

Quote Originally Posted by surround sounds View Post
    Hi
    Well this is the 1st sat i have had off for ages, Weird really cause i do not really know what to do with my spare time, Anyway.
    I have looked at your website and it looks fine but i gathered its a free wix.com website. I am guessing its not great in google. If not i think that would be a good starting point as i get most of my work in the search engines. Then maybe Free listing in things like Yell.com etc may help to get you going
    Thanks for the response, only just made the site so dont really want to spend money on sites, with no income at all.. but i will look into yell.com. thanks. Mate

Wedding fairs would be a good bet as it gets you in front of people.
    i personally hate them but I am attending my one and only one today as its a great local venue.

Having a good site is good. Any links to it as you can have the most optimised site in the world but if it looks rubbish then you won't convert anything.
    What are your flyers and cards like as that also a good bet. I got most of my first work from dropping flyers into cafes and venues etc.
    That was when my prices were competitive so it depends on which market you are targeting.

ps: It may be me and its not my place to say anything; but i hate reading posts with rubbish spelling - the little wavy line when you are writing it shows the errors. Just left click and it will show you the correct spelling.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Sorry to sound negative, but your site is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors.

That might sound a bit cheeky since I'm only just get started myself and I am only building my site at this stage. But these first impressions do count!

Quote Originally Posted by pgw71 View Post
    Sorry to sound negative, but your site is riddled with spelling and grammatical errors.

That might sound a bit cheeky since I'm only just get started myself and I am only building my site at this stage. But these first impressions do count!
    As per the above and my previous post, its very important to get it checked.
    I am getting married this year and would immediately click back if a site had lots of errors.

Having said that i have a load in my advice section so have to get on to that - just copy and paste the contents into Word and it shows you.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    just copy and paste the contents into Word and it shows you.
    Well, yes and no

Obviously the glaring spelling mistakes will have a wavy red line underneath. but it won't catch homophones (words that have the same sound, but are spelt differently and have different meanings). Things like 'bare' vs 'bear', or 'pray' and 'prey'. Nor will it catch incorrect use of forms such as 'their', 'there' or 'they're'.

Software tools are OK, but the best way to deal with proofreading is still to have it done by a human being - someone with the necessary skills and aptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Wedding fairs would be a good bet as it gets you in front of people.
    i personally hate them but I am attending my one and only one today as its a great local venue.

Having a good site is good. Any links to it as you can have the most optimised site in the world but if it looks rubbish then you won't convert anything.
    What are your flyers and cards like as that also a good bet. I got most of my first work from dropping flyers into cafes and venues etc.
    That was when my prices were competitive so it depends on which market you are targeting.

ps: It may be me and its not my place to say anything; but i hate reading posts with rubbish spelling - the little wavy line when you are writing it shows the errors. Just left click and it will show you the correct spelling.
    Sorry about that haha, i think i found them all.... tell me if i havent??

Well, yes and no

Obviously the glaring spelling mistakes will have a wavy red line underneath. but it won't catch homophones (words that have the same sound, but are spelt differently and have different meanings). Things like 'bare' vs 'bear', or 'pray' and 'prey'. Nor will it catch incorrect use of forms such as 'their', 'there' or 'they're'.

Software tools are OK, but the best way to deal with proofreading is still to have it done by a human being - someone with the necessary skills and aptitude.
    Very good comments. Some WP software does include grammar checking which, if it's high quality, can pick these sorts of things up but the vast majority are simply looking for words in their dictionary and will point out any that aren't. They don't look at the context in which the word is used so the best solution is have a real person with a good grasp of English language proof-read it for you. And when that person has done it, get a second opinion from someone else! It's amazing how many times someone who second-reads some copy picks up mistakes that the first person didn't!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Indeed they do
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    Very good comments. Some WP software does include grammar checking which, if it's high quality, can pick these sorts of things up
    Maybe time to invest ?
    The Keyboard is mightier than the Sword ?
    Occasions Of Excellence For One & All In Cornwall