Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disco Advertisment Sites.

I have used needadisco.com for 2 years.
    I average about 5 gigs a year from them.
    I have had 2 already this year confirmed and deposits paid.
    I get hundreds of leads and it does take a lot of time responding but I think it is worth it.
    The gigs that I do get are all at my full rate. Needadisco have a Facebook forum for its members and I have noticed that a lot of people rely on it for work, but I see it as a bonus if I win a booking from there. My membership has been paid for many times over with just one win.

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    I eventually went with NeedADisco last week after realising how strong they are now in the searches. I hesitated a long time as I thought they were too expensive but bit the bullet in the end. However I bagged my 1st booking through them today. So do you want cheap or effective? They cost me £79 for the year and I got a £200 booking in about a week.

Won another one last night so glad I joined now. Lots of leads and now 2 won in a couple of weeks. But remember you're up against competitors so take time to respond to enquiries with care in order to win the leads.

I've done the flyering you're local area idea - I spent around 15 hours flyering door to door over a couple of weeks (absolutely hated it).
    From it I got a client meeting for a wedding, a 50th Birthday party, an afternoon kids party and probably only 5 calls in total.

I found putting cards in venues like pubs etc when I started out worked alright - got a couple of very last minute gigs where the DJ hadn't turned up and they saw my card on the wall!
    Don't bother now though as they're always cheap gigs that come from pubs!

Needadisco works very well - I am one of these DJ's that will travel anywhere providing the price is right so needadisco throws up around 10 leads a day for me all over the place - probably get less than 10 leads in my local area per month though so it's hard to tell.
    I do however find quite a few people ask for a quote on my website and then a little bit later I see the enquiry on needadisco and I think that gives me an edge because they've already heard of me in a way.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I do however find quite a few people ask for a quote on my website and then a little bit later I see the enquiry on needadisco and I think that gives me an edge because they've already heard of me in a way.
    I'd read that as you didn't convince them with your reply from a direct enquiry - don't see any edge to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    I'd read that as you didn't convince them with your reply from a direct enquiry - don't see any edge to be honest.
    Fair comment, I personally always get many prices before making a decision on almost any important purchase.
    So it wouldn't matter if somebody came back with an excellent response I'd still want to see the full picture.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    I read it the same way.
    I've had the same scenario myself where I have had a direct enquiry and then also received the same enquiry via needadisco. I looked at it on that occasion as the enquirer not being interested in the quotation that I sent for whatever reason (pricing?) and went to needadisco to see if there were cheaper options.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzikmania View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know of any good, cheaper disco advertisement pages, i havent heard very good things about needadisco.com etc.

So does anyone know of any, id appreciate any help..

Many thanks,

Use google maps business if you need my help & time just PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Compare and contrast-
    It took me a month or two to get my first booking, but it was for circa £500. I've averaged around a booking a month since I joined, at a range of prices. So far it's returned in the region of £3000 for an outlay of £75.
    As more than one person has said, one booking a year, and you're up on the deal.

Seems to work then am looking to put my prices up now as feel i have had nightclub experience now & well enough mobile party's from 17

need a disco is worth paying then ?
    Last edited by DazzyD; 14-02-2014 at 06:46 AM.