Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
I assume you sent a copy by the same means to yourself at the same time, along with terms of interest charged for delay?
That proves postage (with the receipt for both on the same date). You could also get a witness and take photos but thats a bit OTT.

That way you can prove it was sent.

I would then leave it a month and send another one.
Leave it a further month - send another one.
The legal action on the third month.

The longer you leave it the more interest you can charge for "admin" etc. plus the legal fees.
They will cave after the second one she they know that you are not giving up.

Just make things much less personal as per my previous posts.

Thats just my opinion.
I thought giving a month between communications was very generous - until I read your comment about doing this so you can hit the debtor with more interest charges! In my mind, that's pretty unethical and, also, if the debtor is financially unable to pay, increasing the charges makes it even less likely that you'll get paid in good time. The best outcome would be to settle this situation as quickly as possible. The Office Of Fair Trading have issued guidelines on debt collection practices and, if I remember correctly, they recommended 14 day intervals between sending letters. I'm unable to access the OFT's website at the moment as it's currently offline for "routine maintenance".