Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haze Machine Problem

Default Haze Machine Problem

Hi Guys. I have a QTX FX900 Haze Machine. It is just under two years old and really doesn't get much use.

I went to use it today and it warmed up fine and was pumping haze out ok. After a while it started making the noise that sounds as though it wasn't drawing any fluid through, ie the pump seemed to be working ok but no haze was coming out.

I made up a mixture of 1 part vinegar and 8 parts water. It pumped that through no problem for a good ten minutes. I then tried it in the haze fluid again but it wasn't able to pump the fluid through?

I tried it again with the water mixture and it seemed to pump it through ok?

I am not that technical with these things, but it does sound as though the pump is working ok. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

I had this with mine Mike, Water and vinegar went through fine but smoke fluid wouldnt, I ended up buying a new pump and all was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    I had this with mine Mike, Water and vinegar went through fine but smoke fluid wouldnt, I ended up buying a new pump and all was fine.
    Thanks Graham. That does sound like it could be the problem. What was the cost of a new pump? How easy was it to fit?

It cost me £29 off of fleabay and took 10 mins to fit including un-doing screws and doing them up again, Easy as taking a leak

here you go Mike £17 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAZE-SMOKE...item2579ba1c32

Quote Originally Posted by hammy View Post
    It cost me £29 off of fleabay and took 10 mins to fit including un-doing screws and doing them up again, Easy as taking a leak

here you go Mike £17 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAZE-SMOKE...item2579ba1c32
    Thanks for that. I may strip the machine down tomorrow and take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    Thanks for that. I may strip the machine down tomorrow and take a look.
    You could try thinning your fluid down.
    www.mobiledjcumbria.co.uk

N.A.D.J Member

North East & Cumbria branch Founder member

Quote Originally Posted by deltic View Post
    You could try thinning your fluid down.
    Now I never thought of that. Next question (you could possibly see this coming) what would I thin it down with? Distilled water?

Yes

I went out to the garage this morning, and after not touching it for a couple of days, it seems to be working again!!!!

The only difference I can see (and I am not sure if this was the case before) is that when pressing the button, it takes a few seconds for the liquid to come from the tank through the tube to the pump? And when I stop pressing the button the liquid disappears from the tube back into the tank again, resulting in a noisy pump until the next batch of liquid is required? Is that normally the case?

Default QTFX-900 smoke machine

Hi Hammy.
    I am new to the site and spotted the posts ref QTFX-900 smoke machine.
    I am looking for a bit of help if you or any of the guys on here could oblige.
    I am looking for either the wiring diagram or a nice sharp pic of the PCB/WIRING
    as the pcb has been replaced but the idiot who replaced it could not put the spade
    connectors back on the board as he could not remember which went were...LOL...

Any help would be appreciated
    Regards
    Steve