Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Skeleton case DJ controller case for Numark NS6

Default Skeleton case DJ controller case for Numark NS6

Hi, Im looking at a flightcase for my Numark NS6. Now I usually buy the cases from Swanflight and found them to be solid and built well from 8mm ply, however I have seen the universal FF79-45 skeleton cases from Lamba/Kam. It appeals to me as if/when I upgrade my controller I may not have to buy a new case. Anyone have one of these to comment on?

Not looking like anyone here has the skeleton case yet!

Anyone used the Magma CTRL CASE XXL, semi hard cases?

The Skeleton cases with the pickfoam are fairly new to the market. I wasn't sure about the idea and only took one size in to stock - but I have to say they flew off the shelves and we have had lots of positive comments on them. We only did the FF version as there is a cheaper version which I don't think is as well built. Skeleton case as you rightly say is from KAM and the old KAM KASE range had a very good reputation for quality versus price. Not 100% sure why they have decided to change to Skeleton for the cases - maybe to match the stand brand when they bring new stands out.

Hope this helps.

Hi Thanks for the reply! yes I was looking at both the FF79-45 and FF65-43, theres nothing on the KAM site about the weight of the case and its described as using fibre board panels, so not sure how thick these are. I have emailed Kam but as yet I've had nothing back. Also not sure about the pick foam or how dense / supportive it is.

Red face

Ok so long and short is I didnt go for the skeleton case, nobody had them in locally and lamba/kam didnt reply to any of my technical questions; I have heard on the grapevine they are in a bit of a disarray, internally, at the moment.
    The NS6 case from swanflight was £139 but at present, Swanflight are doing an offer on the case for a Pioneer XDJ-R1 for £100; the pioneer is a very similar size to the NS6 so my idea was to get that case and alter the foam in it to suit. I contacted Swanflight and they confirmed that the NS6 would fit but the foam would need to be altered, but instead they offered me the NS6 case at the same price as the case for the XDJ-R1, so a big thanks to Swanflight!
    The Swanflight cases are so well made I didnt want to risk getting anything less, but all worked out in the end.

Good to hear you not only got sorted out, but also supported a company that actually manufactures here in the UK :-)