Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PAT Testing Scotland

Default PAT Testing Scotland

If you're looking for PAT Testing in the West of Scotland, I can highly recommend this guy. Came to the house very conscientious and efficient £55 for max 70 items.

http://www.passsafetyservices.co.uk/

I take it you get a print out of everything that's been tested and the like as evidence of the test? Didn't see it mentioned on the page.

Jim,
    You get an emailed copy confirming you've had the test done and a folder posted through containing everything individually itemised too.

It's great value. Most companies quoted me around £1.50 per item. One actually was £2.00 per item+ a £50 call out charge!
    Last edited by scoopd; 18-02-2014 at 07:26 PM.

That's reeeaaaally cheap. I'm not sure how they can test everything thoroughly at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    That's reeeaaaally cheap. I'm not sure how they can test everything thoroughly at that price.
    I'm certain he can test it thoroughly at that price. Now as to making a profit............................................ ......................................
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Shaun,

It was the most thorough test I've ever had. He took the plugs apart to check the wiring etc. Nobody else has ever done that with me. He's not that long out on his own from being employed by a company.I guess he just wants to build up the contacts. As I say it sure beats £2 per item and a £50 call out. It's maybe even worth your while getting it don one time when you're in the west

That really is a fantastic price!
    I normally pay £1.25 per item but no call out charge as the tester lives 2 minutes away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopd View Post
    Shaun,

It was the most thorough test I've ever had. He took the plugs apart to check the wiring etc. Nobody else has ever done that with me.
    If he had a decent PAT tester the tester should alert him to any polarity issues without the need to dismantle plugs.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Quote Originally Posted by scoopd View Post
    Shaun,
    It's maybe even worth your while getting it don one time when you're in the west
    I'm quite lucky. My brother is a sparky, he does my test every year for no more than a couple of pints.

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    If he had a decent PAT tester the tester should alert him to any polarity issues without the need to dismantle plugs.
    Indeed, but as far as I'm aware, it's a requirement to dismantle plugs to check cable security, cord gripos, and fuse rating.

I'm quite lucky. My brother is a sparky, he does my test every year for no more than a couple of pints.
    Blimey, there's always one, isn't there? Next of all, we'll have somebody telling how their PAT tester pays them to let them do it!

The redoubtable Davesounds has just done mine, and he visibly blanched when I asked if he would price match the tester in the original post.
    For 75 items, Dave would be just over £100, and I regard that as excellent value. I'm pleased to hear that the tester from the first post did a thorough job, but unless he works astonishingly fast I can't see how he can make a living.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk