Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Wireless DMX retro fit of my fixtures!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy P View Post
    I made these boxes for people who didnt want to open up the lights. Piggybacks on the IEC for power, and sticks on the back of the fixture. Not as cheap as a dongle, but doesn't need charged or a silly 5v psu lead.
    Looks very nice! Can you draw schematics for those? So other people can build their own...
    Last edited by Alpobass; 11-11-2017 at 09:07 AM.

No, i still can't make it work. Can somebody please tell me what to connect based on my plain drawing.

Name:  IMG_4231.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  60.0 KB

This is how i have connected it. And i have tried many different variations connecting DMX1 and GND also.

Name:  IMG_4232.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  62.5 KB

I have both transmitter and receiver lights blinking. But nothing happens on receiving fixture.
    Last edited by Alpobass; 11-11-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Can anyone help?

Not sure my mind doesn't work with diagrams. When I wire the board into the fixture I use a test meter to find the 5v supply normally off the leg of a voltage regulator. I then just wire the other 3 wires to the DMX plug as it has ground and signal plus and minis.

When I made the receiver boxes I used a main phone charger guts to drop the voltage, but again done with a test meter.
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

MDD Supporter

The diagram looks fine to me which leads me to suggest one or more of the wireless dmx boards has a fault or your dmx signals (d+ & d-) are crossed over. There's another possibility though & that may be that 0v on the fixture psu isn't also dmx gnd. This would be the case in a martin or other higher end fixture. Those tend to isolate dmx from the rest of the fixture electronics (for safety mostly) & need a different approach.

Without seeing photos of the fixture's guts it's impossible to help further.

Yes. Thanks for answers so far. I also have feeling that boards are messed up.

Name:  ADJ_Ultrabar9.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  57.2 KB

That is pcb of AmericanDJ Ultrabar9. Can you spot where to take that +5VDC. I have found several points with multimeter, but which is right?

MDD Supporter

I generally measure across power supply capacitors or readily available logic chips. See the 8 pin chip near the dmx connector? There's a surface mount capacitor (brownish in colour with 2 silver ends) to the right of it. There would be a good place to start. It looks like it's marked C19