Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wireless DMX retro fit of my fixtures!

After i saw part2 of that linked video i figured out everything. Thank you anyway for fast help.

Default Problems with pcb's

Hello! I have newly received these boards and i can't get it working. i have four of these. id like to use one as transmitter and three as receiver. seller cannot help me with connections. i know that YELLOW is PIN1/GND and BLACK is PIN4/+5V. I have tried so many ways and combinations I'm tired

I have red led on in sending and receiving end. But no luck yet. Tried different card also.

I have USB dmx box and one fixture here. works with cable.

Any help?

Name:  IMG_4134.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  41.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_4135.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  31.5 KB
    Name:  Wireless-DMX-DMX512-PCB-Modules-Board-LED-DMX-Controller-Transmitter-Receiver.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  27.3 KB

Ahh the good old BLUE wireless board. They've never come with a correctly coloured cable. Red is 5V, black is 0V (GND) to most people with any experience of electronics etc right? Yes! Well except in this case.

Your seller's diagram showing you the pin numbers is correct, but the wire colours in the cable are not I'm afraid.

Judging by your photographs, YELLOW is +5V & RED goes to DMX pin 2.

So WHITE goes to PIN3 at XLR. BLACK is negative?...... NO! It isn't... BLACK is +5V and YELLOW is negative. And i just measured again multimeter says +5VDC and I'm, well, electrician... -This way led will stay on. -Should i throw all to the garbage bin? What boards do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpobass View Post
    So WHITE goes to PIN3 at XLR. BLACK is negative?...... NO! It isn't... BLACK is +5V and YELLOW is negative. And i just measured again multimeter says +5VDC and I'm, well, electrician... -This way led will stay on. -Should i throw all to the garbage bin? What boards do you recommend?
    The blue coloured boards are just fine in my experience if you just ignore the wire colours & only pay attention to the connector pins they go to (i.e. PCB pin 1 is +5V etc) - or if you rearrange the wires in the crimp housing. I always tend to do the latter.

No, these aren't working. That is it.

I even soldered off that white connector and soldered new wires. I have power. My laptop is sending DMX because hard-wired to fixture works. I tried connecting D-/D+ both ways. No nothing but red steady led.

I even closed all my wireless network in da house. No help.

I am still wondering what does that ground on XLR pin 1 mean?
    Last edited by Alpobass; 02-11-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Sounds like you might have damaged the rs485 transciever chip on the wireless module (little surface mount 8 pin chip).

Gnd in fixtures is usually dmx gnd too, so you generally only need to link to psu ground (0v not mains Earth)

So you think i have damaged all four chips? Well i don't think so.... Of course its possible but...

Can you please draw me schematics with basic principles with these. I think there is many other people wondering same things...

Ok, thank You. Have seen that before. So that means that PIN4 must be connected XLR1? I might sound stupid, but my brain is locked on these