Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of gig did you do this week?

Wedding with uplighting, chair covers, lighting for the band & background music during the meal etc.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

A non gig wedding after 9.10pm. Major power cut in the vicinity meant that we were plunged into total darkness and silence. First estimate of reinstatement wa 11.15pm but this was revised to 6am (It eventually came back on at midday on Sunday).

Staff managed to keep the bar open as best they could, with 50% discount. I had my laptop and we hooked up some battery speakers to give some music and torches were in evidence.

At 11pm thoughm the manager decided to call a halt and closed down, moving everyone from the annexe back to the main hotel for safety and security.

We moved 3 cars round to the side and shone the lights through the door & windows and had to strip the room and pack up in the relative dark!

Still, the venue will pay me, so I'm OK. Fell sorry for the bride and groom though.

"Titanic Survivor's Theme Night".

Which was really a karaoke disco with some (not many!) attendee's in fancy dress/period costume. They had decked the venue with life belts/rings (No idea where they got these from!), a big rusty chain, make-shift anchors (of course, the real thing would been a bit too big and heavy!!) and the front of karaoke area built up to resemble the front of RMS Titanic (which was the cherry on the cake - the venue had excelled themselves here!). Best of all, for me, was that they were well up for the karaoke and it made my job as "Dazzy D, Captain of Karaoke" very easy indeed. I did spend a fair bit on "Titanic" music which wasn't particularly needed but the few tracks I did play got a good reception.

I was informed that their next theme night is going to be Rocky Horror Show. That should be a good 'un!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Friday was a brilliant 18th in a social club. Saturday a 50th for a guy with learning difficulties. I did his 40th and many others from his learning difficulties club were there Sat night and remembered me as I remembered them.
    Today was a 5th birthday which went very well especially with the magic show I did.

Nothing at all next week at the mo, and I will be watching a local cricket match. Now that makes a change.

60th party last Friday, 21st this Friday. From one extreme to the other!

Friday, 50th Anniversary. Sunday, christening.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Sat. Country House Wedding

Did a 50th, which turned out to be a function for local Travellers which I was unaware of. Bar closed at 10.30 with mandatory fisticuffs in tha car park TrAveller style. Yikes. Made my escape at 11. Then a brilliant 18th, 80 teenagers dancing all night, then a 50th 80s party I was so looking forward to, but most hadn't seen eachother in ages so talked rather than danced. What a mixed bag.
    Http://www.heartandsouldisco.co.uk

Wedding DJ and Mobile Disco in Sussex and Surrey

Thursday - All-day wedding
    Friday - All-day wedding
    Saturday - All-day rest

80th birthday karaoke disco. Went down a storm! I got to watch the second half of the triumphant Sunderland over Chelsea match before I started. Good times!!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!