Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of gig did you do this week?

Surprise 30th in a not so local pub function room. Actually turned out to be more of a kids party with the number of nippers in attendance, but the client was happy for me to amuse them all until 11pm! (that's the latest I've ever played musical chairs!)

Friday, the wedding with the confused management, and Sunday a 40th with an absolutely splendid singer, who was very good, and a pleasure to deal with.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Saturday wedding - Egyptian groom, background of Egyptian easy listening! He also did a fantastic dance routine to a tabla and percussion track.
    Sunday 80's night (with a bit of 90's) at my local. Mainly alternative/Indie/Rock with a bit of early house and acid chucked in for good measure.

Saturday night - 30th wedding anniversary in a swish underground bar. All sorts of genres covered, but 70's pop seemed the most popular on the night.
    Sunday night - Wedding in a posh golf club barn setting. Uplit the room in yellow, pumped out mainly new dance stuff and a thumping 30min set of old skool garage. Hardly any music pre-1980 played. Good feedback too, one of those more pleasurable nights!
    DJ Ian Scott
    www.djianscott.com

"The Earth has music for those who listen."

Thurs. Wedding.
    Sat. Wedding.
    Mon. Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    Thurs. Wedding.
    Sat. Wedding.
    Mon. Wedding
    80's themed 30th at very local golf club. 120 people in fancy dress. Home and unpacked 35 mins after last record!

LAst Friday was a school 6th form dinner dance for 70. Booked from 7pm until 1am, word was that taxis were being booked for trips to town at 11pm. Surely enough as soon as the clock struck 11, the room emptied and the organiser said I could shut down! I had to a reposition of the gear for Saturday and Sunday night and, thanks to the hotel staf, we managed to lift and carry everything whilst still in situ.

Home and in bed well before the 1am shut down. Being paid to kip is wonderful!!

I thought this was just a thread to list the types of functions we are doing. Not gig blogs?

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    I thought this was just a thread to list the types of functions we are doing. Not gig blogs?
    I can't see any gig logs?

A few extra details perhaps, so not a problem.

Back on topic please.

A lovely local wedding on Sunday, which was great fun - small setup, and 90's were most of the requests.
    Received a round of applause, having had a request for Laidback Luke, Pogo, never played it before! they went berzerk.
    Http://www.heartandsouldisco.co.uk

Wedding DJ and Mobile Disco in Sussex and Surrey