Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mic Talk - Birthdays

No 1 rule - turn the music down when you talk (like on the radio) or no one will hear you.
    Talk at 1/3 of the speed you normally do as people will not take in what you are saying.

Video yourself facing the booth as that will very quickly improve your judgement on what you look like and sound like.
    Good for general life skills and can be a bit hardcore at times as not many people see themselves as others do.

Good luck. Remember less is more and if you have a full dance floor you do not need to say anything.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Good advice all round and the only bit I would add is the beginning of the night, slow and clear.
    I remember 30+ years ago when I was new to the game, I would pick the mic up for the first time and I would welcome everyone along, invite requests and wish the birthday person or bride and groom all the best in less than 5 seconds in one breathe just to get it done, soon realized the error of my ways
    Just remember you have to get their attention or you just blend in the background.
    www.bossmankaraokedisco.co.uk & www.coventry-weddingdj.co.uk
    BOSSMAN KARAOKE DISCO inc. COVENTRY WEDDING DJ

Covering Coventry, West Midlands & Warwickshire

Write down on a sticky / post it note / blutak & paper IMPORTANT things to remember.

Bride & Grppm's name. Birthday name & age (if appropriate). Even things like the venue name, buffet and bar times and anything else you might have to say.

That way, with a quick glance down, you will give out the right information when you need to do it.

I knew a DJ who would only call the B&G at weddings "Bride and Groom" and never by their names because he was scared in getting it wrong. I gave him my advice and when I next saw him he thanked me.