Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Considering Wharfedale 315 15 inch Actives?

Default Considering Wharfedale 315 15 inch Actives?

Been looking around the net and there seem to be some really good deals on the Wharfedale Titan 15A (315), however I have some concerns as I have seen this speaker been given some very conflicting figures in terms of power output. I believe it's 200 watt RMS (Which seems really low?). Other ratings state 350 watt & 420 watt.

These are available now for about £380 a pair delivered. Any views please? Thanks as always

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Plucked View Post
    Been looking around the net and there seem to be some really good deals on the Wharfedale Titan 15A (315), however I have some concerns as I have seen this speaker been given some very conflicting figures in terms of power output. I believe it's 200 watt RMS (Which seems really low?). Other ratings state 350 watt & 420 watt.

These are available now for about £380 a pair delivered. Any views please? Thanks as always
    The 420w was the old Titans 15a. I started out with a pair and they did we well for 3 years. Really grew to love their powerful warm sound. When Wharfedale upgraded to the 15d (digital) they reduced the power on the old a (analogue) so they could sell them cheaper and they did not compete with the more expensive and still 420w and new D (digital).

Personally, I think 200w is a bit underpowered for a 15 inch speaker. The original 15a went to 129 db as a SPL

Thanks for your reply, I agree and this relates to my original concern regarding 200 watt RMS, however more food for thought would be a pretty decent SPL.
    As most of use know a 200 watt speaker with a higher spl can sound significantly louder than a higher rated RMS speaker and a lower SPL.