Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Getting Intimidator 300 barrels to do a 2 light show?

Default Getting Intimidator 300 barrels to do a 2 light show?

Just picked these up from a member on here and I love them but I can't get them to do a 2 light "mirrored" show.

I can master and slave them no problem and there's an option on the slave unit to reverse the tilt and the pan but no combination I've done yet has given me a proper 2 light mirrored show.

For example if one light is spinning clock wise, I want the other one to go anti clockwise but no matter what I do they always match on one axis so they're not fully mirroring each other.

Had a look at the manual online but there's no much in the way of help there.

Hi Jim, Did you ever get to the bottom of this ? I have just received a pair of these and I find the sound active function fairly useless. It seems it only picks up on bass & I have my surround system on full blast to get it to move on sound to light. Did you have this same problem ?

I'm quite disappointed to be honest, Bought these to replace my 250w Chauvet Insignia 2.0's which were absolutely fantastic. Whilst they are super bright and have the lovely prism effect, I am gutted at this moment in time ;-(

Any advice would be well received,

Regards, Steve

Alright Steve

Most (if not all but don't quote me on that) sound to light settings on fixtures do work on the bass frequencies which is why they will generally move to the beat of the music instead of just go mental.

I found the S2L pretty useless because it was just too fast and manic even on the slow settings and as the majority of my gigs are weddings it didn't really suit. I started using DMX shortly after getting these though and they are brilliant when programmed properly,

Thanks Jim, I had a play last night and the sound to light function definately needs more sound feed than any other light I have owned in the passed ! My overall view has changed though, I am simply blown away by the light in a working environment :-) So much so, I'll need to learn how to DMX. ( I'm a little skeptical but feel I need to make the move to get the best from these ) What do you use for DMX programming ? Thanks Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by sgldisco View Post
    Thanks Jim, I had a play last night and the sound to light function definately needs more sound feed than any other light I have owned in the passed ! My overall view has changed though, I am simply blown away by the light in a working environment :-) So much so, I'll need to learn how to DMX. ( I'm a little skeptical but feel I need to make the move to get the best from these ) What do you use for DMX programming ? Thanks Steve.

My DMX 2.0 and it works a treat.

They're cracking lights once you've had a footer about and got them set the way you want them. Really versatile once you can control the speed, colour and gobos on them.