Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend decent LED wash moving head??

Default Recommend decent LED wash moving head??

Which QUAD/TRI LED moving head wash light would you recommend.
    There seem to be lots of similar looking units for quite good prices.

Like this one:

Name:  IMG_1530_004.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  26.4 KB

or this one etc. etc.

Name:  inno-color-beam-quad7.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  73.2 KB
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Which QUAD/TRI LED moving head wash light would you recommend.
    There seem to be lots of similar looking units for quite good prices.

Like this one:

Name:  IMG_1530_004.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  26.4 KB

or this one etc. etc.

Name:  inno-color-beam-quad7.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  73.2 KB

ADJ would be a good bet, they've then got the reliability ect...
    it's just finding one with the right size I suppose?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/301074306227?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true

This one is quite good, and isn't a huge size either! Just ashame about the large price tag!
    Charlie.
    SLS Discos - Leading Mobile Party DJ's
    http://www.slsdiscos.co.uk

A friend of mine has a pair of the Stagg Headbanger's and says they're insanely bright. I think they were created with stage effects in mind (i.e. to be used to floodlight a section of stage for performance).

I've just picked up a pair of Acme Micro Fusion's second hand (discontinued) which have 3 x 10w RGBW LED's and they're crazy bright as well, even with less than half the power of the Headbangers. It does appear that Acme have jumped on the 70w bandwagon now with the Kudos CM 150 which looks quite a lot like the one you've pictured. At £589 a unit vs about £240 for the Headbanger, I think I know which one I'd buy...

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Those Stagg Headbanger 10 units are really impressive for the price and certainly also have movement in price when buying 2+. They also have a 2 year warranty.

As already said - the ADJ Inno Colour Beam products are a great option and probably the most popular choice at the moment, particularly the Inno Colour Beam 12. The new Z7 has been released, but usual stock availability issues and there is the Quad 7 which is available.

Certainly plenty of choice for this type of product and all of the above would be a good option depending on what you are looking for of course budget.

I am a heavy metal fan so the headbanger would suit me

The ADJ ones are priced quite high in comparison to some of the other ones hence this thread.

Hi Toby, most disco lighting is churned out in the Far East in factories that essentially produce items that look identical externally but can vary internally (the bits that will keep them functioning or not as the case may be) from pretty decent down to completely dreadful. There's not a lot of knowing which you're going to get. The brands are just that - some importer/distributor has asked for their name to be stencilled on the side of the random units and a lot of the time they won't have any control of quality themselves. Often the different brands will be identical units from the same factory, but other times they'll just look similar externally. Branded units may or may not be better engineered than unbranded random units but you should at least get a decent warranty on them. Whether they're fixable or replaceable when they go wrong is another matter.

I've got some larger LED wash units where the engineering is awful but I bought them so cheaply 'nearly new' it didn't matter to me and I knew I'd have to do some repair work on them.

I've semi-seriously considered getting some of the units you pictured, probably the first ones as they're physically so small and discreet (even though personally I prefer the look of the other unit), but as you can buy them at such a low cost directly from the Far East, even allowing for import duty, VAT and shipping agents fees, I'd be thinking about doing that. There's no way I'd consider installing them somewhere they'd get 25 hours or more use a week, but for mobile work there's a chance they'd survive a reasonable time. You could potentially get a set of 4 for under £400...

Ring me if you want to discuss further.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by stormproductions View Post
    Hi Toby, most disco lighting is churned out in the Far East in factories that essentially produce items that look identical externally but can vary internally (the bits that will keep them functioning or not as the case may be) from pretty decent down to completely dreadful. There's not a lot of knowing which you're going to get. The brands are just that - some importer/distributor has asked for their name to be stencilled on the side of the random units and a lot of the time they won't have any control of quality themselves. Often the different brands will be identical units from the same factory, but other times they'll just look similar externally. Branded units may or may not be better engineered than unbranded random units but you should at least get a decent warranty on them. Whether they're fixable or replaceable when they go wrong is another matter.

I've got some larger LED wash units where the engineering is awful but I bought them so cheaply 'nearly new' it didn't matter to me and I knew I'd have to do some repair work on them.

I've semi-seriously considered getting some of the units you pictured, probably the first ones as they're physically so small and discreet (even though personally I prefer the look of the other unit), but as you can buy them at such a low cost directly from the Far East, even allowing for import duty, VAT and shipping agents fees, I'd be thinking about doing that. There's no way I'd consider installing them somewhere they'd get 25 hours or more use a week, but for mobile work there's a chance they'd survive a reasonable time. You could potentially get a set of 4 for under £400...

Ring me if you want to discuss further.

Mark
    Thanks for the advice - I actually posted the below before refreshing the page and seeing this.

I also think that I could get a set with auto run and other similar features for £150 each etc.

_______

It looks like they are all rebranded versions of 2 types of designs (as per the above).
    Would there be a non branded source out there?

Just asking as I bought about 100 battery/DMX up-lights quite some time before they hit the consumer market at a very good price.
    Last edited by yourdj; 03-03-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stormproductions View Post

Mark
    Could get them even cheaper at £30 (see link), but may also get import charge, but they are "cheap as chips!" At this price it may be worth a punt! free postage is with China post and delivery is quoted as 15-29 days, so if you don't want them in a hurry....... http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Led-m...670744370.html
    I have bought via Aliexpress and not had a problem, only thing for me is the wait!

Quote Originally Posted by bmdj View Post
    Could get them even cheaper at £30 (see link), but may also get import charge, but they are "cheap as chips!" At this price it may be worth a punt! free postage is with China post and delivery is quoted as 15-29 days, so if you don't want them in a hurry....... http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Led-m...670744370.html
    I have bought via Aliexpress and not had a problem, only thing for me is the wait!
    I noticed when buying from China there is only VAT to pay (if Customs decide to spot-check your order coming in!) When you bout from Aliexpress were you hit for VAT? They have free delivery on many items and I am very tempted to have a go at some of those moving heads. No great loss if they turn out to be crap, but a lot of the branded stuff comes from China and a shiny badge doesn't always mean better.

Just to let you know guys that the link to the stonking bargain that was in post 8 of this thread did indeed turn out to be a fraudulent seller. Shame, but at least the person who risked it got his money refunded.