Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Introducing myself

Default Introducing myself

Hello all,
    I'm a DJ with 20 years experience off and on one way or another. I first started DJing in the early 90s, doing a radio show on a closed circuit using, would you believe it cassettes tapes! A pal then got himself a set of decks and i got to mess around on them and accompany him to some gigs he was doing. He got bored of the decks and sold them to me. After this, for the next 3 years or so i played house parties and block parties and a few club nights. I then embarked on what turned out to be a 4 year stint doing a residency at a club every week - that was magic! Needless to say, most of the money i was paid went into buying records.

I quit this after 4 years and did a few gigs in bars, but after this i got out of the swing of it and didn't do anything for quite a few years. My curiosity was then aroused when i realised vinyl was no more the platform of choice fir DJs, it was now CDJs. Even more so, what was this new platform 'Digital controllers' all about? I realised things had moved on and it was time to investigate. So i picked up a cheap controller and set about experimenting and playing out online. Took me a while to get my head round the digital platform, so different to DJing with vinyl.

My next step was to buy a small PA and a light set up. So rather than having to look for work in bars, i could take my own show on the road and play pretty much wherever i pleased and whenever. I did my furst ever mobile DJ gig at the New Year 2013 and in the last 3 months, i've played a 70th, a 60th, a 50th and a 21st Birthday party!

So the bug has well and truly bitten again and I'm very happy to be DJing once more and knowing that I still 'got it'!

Thanks for setting up this forum and hopefully will converse with some of you soon.

Alan.

Welcome along Alan, that pesky bug gets us all. I don't think there's a cure for the disesase it carries.

Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Hi Alan,

Nice intro. It's always great to hear about the history of our new members, so thanks for that.

Welcome to the forum!

welcome to the mdd forum Alan.it will be nice to meet you at one of the local dj meet ups

nadj Scotland

ampdj scotland

Welcome Alan - great intro!