Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Favourite Light Ever.....

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Abstract Extreme XP5 pro , room filling light , I retired mine , but I wont part with them yet
    I bought an ex display pair about 4 years ago. They were the same as the classic Mad Powerflower but I think the XP 5 had an extra colour. Super lights.

I know this may sound like I'm showing off, but my personal favourite light of all time (mainly because it reminds me of many a fantastic night out in my younger years) is the Clay Paky Golden Scan HPE. I treated myself to a set of 4 a few years ago as spares/repair, knowing that they needed a fair amount of work, but it turned out they needed far too many replacement parts to be economical to repair them so they had to be passed on. I've got no real justification to have them but I'm still tempted every time I see them on ebay.

With regards to lights more usable for mobile DJing work, the ones that I think are my favourites that I've previously owned were the Martin Sweepers (very similar to an Abstract Rave). One of the funkiest sound activated lights I've seen, but they do chew through the lamps! And they're big and heavy for what they do.