Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now That's What I Call A Playlist.

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I see it as my job to give the client what they want. Any family-friendly song is acceptable and adult-only tracks will get played in the right environment.

If someone wanted a party dance then I'd be more that happy to play it. I do this job to make people happy and this is a really easy way to achieve this!
    Hallelujah, Brethren, he has seen the light!
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Funnily enough I love a complete cheese fest party - you're pretty much guaranteed a fun night. People dancing and enjoying themselves - job done!

I just didn't rate that Finger song, though I do have a few other Rik'n'Nic's in my collection, never played them at an adult function though.

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I see it as my job to give the client what they want. Any family-friendly song is acceptable and adult-only tracks will get played in the right environment.

If someone wanted a party dance then I'd be more that happy to play it. I do this job to make people happy and this is a really easy way to achieve this!
    Dazzy D.........The undisputed King of Cheese

www.accessallareasdisco.co.uk

Proud members of the NADJ

Default Oh dear oh dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well folks, am I perhaps carving out a niche for myself? The stereotypical DJ despised by all the good folk on here? The over the top, larger than life ( and there's already quite a lot of me in real life!! ) 70's throwback? Am I undoing all the good work done by those who sought to enlighten me, and guide my steps on the True Path of Integrity? Judge for yourselves.

I've got a booking for a birthday shortly, and the birthday boy has just retired as a DJ. His wife, who is organising everything tok a lot of convincing that I was the person for the job. Here are the initial selection criteria. Re the highlighted section, I'm not suggesting cause and effect............................................ ( Am I )

I was let down for my 40th birthday (as my hubby obviously wanted to join in) so we hired one, he was rubbish, he never opened his mouth (didn’t even sing happy birthday) and the music was also rubbish.

I like a lot of late 70`s and early 80`s disco plus I also like all the very modern dance stuff, my husband would be doing a play list, do you use a laptop?

Sorry for all the concern but I just need a really good dj

So, ignoring the fact that she wants a good DJ, and she's in fact got me, she had also booked a singer, a year ago. The singer, most inconsiderately has decided to retire. How thoughtless.
    So, when the wheels fall off, who do we turn to in time of crisis to salvage the operation? Correct, the DJ. First, she asked if I could sing a few numbers to fill in. No, of course she didn't, she's not that desperate or stupid.

She did in fact ask if I was comfortable doing Party Games

Anyway, wanted to ask if you ever do any adult games just to get things going? I could buy a couple of prizes?

Hubby still on with play list

Is the Pope Catholic? Do bears live in the woods? She then sent me this link, and she's already ordered the equipment. For those with virtue, integrity, morals and high standards, I would advise not watching the video, nor contemplating the sort of event it's going to be, it would only upset you. Brothers and Sisters, I can only apologise in advance for my fall from the path of Righteousness, but the force inside me was just too strong to fight. I'm so sorry.

Mind you, I think I'm going to enjoy this one.

why oh why do I find that game so funny. I will subconsciously steal that idea .. it is awesome.. I can see many fun times with that ..

I not a huge cheese lover to be honest, but if the customer was it then im more than happy to do the best I can to accommodate the client and give them what they want. they are paying me to do the job and if another wants to turn work down due to it I will be there to give the customer the best night I can.

Quote Originally Posted by funktions View Post
    . they are paying me to do the job and if another wants to turn work down due to it I will be there to give the customer the best night I can.
    Hallelujah. Another convert, Brother Dazzy, Praise the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I would hate a gig like that. I can't stand party dances and people who have no musical taste. Its also usually always on my clients list as do not play which is always nice. I occasionally get one from my residency that want lots of those tracks, which is fine as i don't choose the client and vice verser.

I am happy to leave that to other DJ's as its clear on my website that is not what we do.

Attachment 16592

To be honest Toby, I tend to go with the Theory 'The Customer is always right' if they are paying you as a service, you should be expected to play to their requirements NOT yours

Ive just received a playlist with 149 tracks on it and then the client wanted requests as well!
    I explained to them that this was over 8 hours of music for a 5 hour gig and there reply was!!!!!!

well only play half of each song and mix them in!!!
    i can just see the dance floor now, just as they start dancing to a track it changes and then this goes on all night.
    oh well ill let you know if the client walks round with a writing pad ticking them off as i play them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hadyn View Post
    Ive just received a playlist with 149 tracks on it and then the client wanted requests as well!
    I explained to them that this was over 8 hours of music for a 5 hour gig and there reply was!!!!!!

well only play half of each song and mix them in!!!
    !!!
    No need. Just shove the faders up and run at about 750BPM.

Tonight's wedding advance requests (Copy & Paste) :

Ash Girl From Mars
    Elastica Waking up
    Fratellis Chelsea Dagger
    Gogol Bordello Start Wearing Purple
    Guns N' Roses Paradise City
    Libertines Time For Heroes
    Metallica Nothing Else Matters (first dance)
    Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit
    Oasis Cigarettes & Alcohol
    Rolling Stones Paint It Black
    Sex Pistols Pretty Vacant
    Strokes New York City Cops
    The Smashing Pumpkins Zero
    Undertones Teenage Kicks
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs Date With The Night
    Arctic Monkeys Fake Tales Of San Francisco
    Beastie Boys Fight For Your Right To Party
    Billy Idol White Wedding
    Black Sabbath Paranoid
    Blur Parklife
    Calvin Harris Acceptable In the 80's
    David Bowie Rebel, Rebel
    Dropkick Murphys I'm Shipping Up To Boston
    Electric Light Orchestra Livin' Thing
    Franz Ferdinand Michael
    Green Day Basket Case
    Hole Celebrity Skin
    Ladyhawke Paris Is Burning
    Muse Time is Running Out
    Offspring Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
    Placebo Nancy Boy
    Prodigy Out Of Space
    Pulp Disco 2000
    Queens Of The Stone Age No One Knows
    Radiohead Just
    Run DMC It's Like That (Jason Nevins Remix)
    Sisters Of Mercy This Corrosion
    Soft Cell Tainted Love
    Space Me & You Verus The World
    Suede Animal Nitrate
    Supergrass Caught By The Fuzz
    System Of A Down Chop Suey
    The Ramones Blitzkreig Bop
    The Ting Tings Shut Up And Let Me Go
    Weezer Keep Fishin'

To say I'm looking forward to this is an understatement.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries