Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many of your Wedding Bookings are cancelled each Year?

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    It's OK saying it's a day off if you're a part-time DJ who doesn't rely on the money - but if it's your only income then it's a totally different story.
    I think it's more accurate to say regardless of your part time or full time status if you aren't getting enough work then it's not OK, I'm doing just fine and therefore whilst annoying I'm able to see the positive.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I think it's more accurate to say regardless of your part time or full time status if you aren't getting enough work then it's not OK, I'm doing just fine and therefore whilst annoying I'm able to see the positive.
    The original cancellation that spurned this thread was OK to swallow but as I said, this is a large chunk of money to lose out on.

I'm not living on the breadline but any means and have a good paying day job but the loss in income does make this one a lot harder to swallow unfortunately.

It's up to you how you run your business of course but I'm sure most venues, caterers, florists etc aren't so positive about losing money at short notice.

Out of interest do you have another job or is this your sole income?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim - Scotland's Party DJ View Post
    The original cancellation that spurned this thread was OK to swallow but as I said, this is a large chunk of money to lose out on.

I'm not living on the breadline but any means and have a good paying day job but the loss in income does make this one a lot harder to swallow unfortunately.
    Indeed, I can see why it's a BIG dissapointment with a £800 booking compared to say £400.

It's up to you how you run your business of course but I'm sure most venues, caterers, florists etc aren't so positive about losing money at short notice.

Out of interest do you have another job or is this your sole income?
    It's my sole income, I guess I see it as less of a big deal because I am an agent I know a few agents and I travel up to 150 miles for work also I'm constantly on NaD. A lot more work flying around for me to get at late notice.

It's my sole income, I guess I see it as less of a big deal because I am an agent I know a few agents and I travel up to 150 miles for work also I'm constantly on NaD. A lot more work flying around for me to get at late notice.
    That makes more sense, it's a different scenario to being a sole operator - how many DJ's do you have on your books and how many gigs do you book per week on average?

That makes more sense, it's a different scenario to being a sole operator - how many DJ's do you have on your books and how many gigs do you book per week on average?
    Just had a quick look through the database - 17 DJs have been used (3 of which have ed me off a huge amount) however I have a core of 6 DJs that I trust and use regularly.
    Since I started using other DJs in 2011 (which is also when I went full time and the database was created) there is an average of 2.8 bookings per week, without counting them all individually I couldn't give you a up to date figure but at a guess 4 bookings per week maybe!

Just had a quick look through the database - 17 DJs have been used (3 of which have ed me off a huge amount) however I have a core of 6 DJs that I trust and use regularly.
    Since I started using other DJs in 2011 (which is also when I went full time and the database was created) there is an average of 2.8 bookings per week, without counting them all individually I couldn't give you a up to date figure but at a guess 4 bookings per week maybe!
    I couldn't handle the headache of all the admin of being an agent - if I get enquiries for dates I'm already booked I just point the clients towards a few trusted DJ's I know and let them take it from there.

I couldn't handle the headache of all the admin of being an agent - if I get enquiries for dates I'm already booked I just point the clients towards a few trusted DJ's I know and let them take it from there.
    I think you have to be a bit Ambitious / a nutter to be an agent... don't really thing the money is worth the stress sometimes!

It's OK saying it's a day off if you're a part-time DJ who doesn't rely on the money - but if it's your only income then it's a totally different story.
    When you keep the deposit, it softens the blow, but it still well hurts.

Undoubtedly. I recently updated my terms with a regular customer because of a couple of incidents, to give me a little more of a safety net.
    I'm not sure though how a T & C stating cancellation at any time = full fee payable would go down. I wonder if anyone on here has something like that?

Snap.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

In 28 years I am lucky to say that it's been a handful of gigs cancelling on me and if memory serves me well the cancelations have been due to health issues.

I include a clause in the booking form for cancellation times and have never had any negative feedback, yet ☺️