Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of coffee are you ?

Default What type of coffee are you ?

The DJ industry is very similar to the coffee industry !

Sound strange, well bear with me.

Years ago, if you went into a tea room for a cup of coffee – that’s what you got. Normally a spoonful of instant coffee, bit of milk to help yourself too and a lump of sugar if desired. Wherever you went, you got similar and the prices were similar too. Don’t get me wrong, instant coffee can be very nice, does the job and you know what you are getting.

Nowadays, you go for a coffee and the choice is staggering. You want milk in your coffee, you order a coffee made with milk, there are various guises for how this milk is added, there are various flavours and types of coffee to choose from. Once you have chosen your desired coffee you now have additional extras of flavoured syrups etc which you can add into your chosen coffee.

People also have preferences – the coffee in one outlet often tastes different to a different outlet, the optional extras vary from outlet to outlet as do the prices.
    People still drink instant coffee, as mentioned it does what you want and that is produce a cup of coffee, however for special occasions or drinking out, the fashion is to go for the nicer quality coffee available.

How does this relate to DJs ?

Well years ago a DJ would be booked, turn up and play music (which normally didn’t change too much). He done the job that was required, and pricing was very similar between DJs – a bit like instant coffee.

We still have the ‘instant coffee’ DJs who have always produced ‘instant coffee’, always done the job of ‘instant coffee’ and have been around for a lot of years – as I said before, nothing wrong with instant coffee for everyday use.

Now we have a wide choice of the style of DJ – a bit like in the modern day coffee shops. They are worth the price, are individual and have additional extras to make your night perfect (similar to adding a syrup to your coffee). This style of DJ, like modern coffees, is someone you would book when you want something that is different to the norm and not an everyday occasion.

Maybe I’m going crazy but like this analogy !
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Default £600 Habit

I have a £600 a year habit to nespresso capsules..... probably because I am nearly a £600 a night DJ.
    Lee Live: Wedding DJ
    http://www.djLeeLive.com/

What type? Well I'm just waiting for the standard respones- " Hot, Melanistic, and Strong " ( I used a different word, and anyone who is foolish enough to post the coomonly used one is very likely to incur my wrath. )

Me? Well I'd have to say, " a pale shadow of my former self, all style but no substance. " ( I'm not allowed too much caffeine nowadays, so I'm now a Decaff man. How I long for the days when I could have proper stuff. )
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I hate Starbucks coffee. really weak. Costa is better. Got nothing to do with discos tho'.

I'm more of a steaming hot cup of tea

You know where you are with a cup of tea (s'pose that's a bit like instant coffee )

One for Costa skinny latte here, only as a treat though, instant coffee and builders tea most of the time.

Chris, you really need to cut down on your coffee intake. Have you thought of a nice glass of cold milk instead???
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I much prefer tea to coffee myself!!

No mention of tea anywhere

Coffee shops proves aspirational marketing works - anyone can buy the coffee and machines to make far better coffee at home for a fraction of the price....but even knowing this we still happily pay £2-£3 per cup for something that would cost us pennies to make.

That's the lesson - don't market the product, market the lifestyle.

(which has been said before many times, 'sell the sizzle not the steak' etc)

Camp Coffee: An icon of nostalgia, as many remember it from their childhoods. Rather like my playlists.