Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do any of you selll photographs taken from the night?

I'm glad they're free - they're just snapshots that anyone with a digital camera could take. I'd either do it properly or not at all.

Or get someone else to take them and get on with the Djing.

I think its a nice idea Lee not to charge, but with Facebook and everyone having phones and DSLR's the B&G have more than enough pictures from guests. I think unless this is a free undisclosed bonus until after the wedding you will fall into the trap of focusing (get the pun) far too much on taking pics when it should be on the dance floor dynamics etc.

I am an occasional assistant wedding photographer so know my way around a camera and do take a few pics each night, but not too many. A few of those are OK (and lots pretty underexposed tbh), but no better than a guests could get with a kit lens on auto IMO. My girlfriends phone is astounding at what it comes pout with too and the lens is tiny!!

I would suggest either getting someone else to DJ and you do photos for a charge or you DJ and get a photographer to do the photos. Just my opinion.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I wonder what the reaction would be from our industry if photographers suddenly rocked up with a P.A. to play music while they take photographs...

I do a photo pack for people if they want it - I already have some pretty good camera kit however so it wasn't an issue bringing it along taking some snaps, photoshopping and popping on a CD. £20 in the hip and someone has a memento that lasts more than the music

As long as I shot myself and my stuff