Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VDJ8

Just upgraded to this - need to unlock my new contoller now

To be honest the MAC version has come on in leaps and bounds since I originally posted. There's an update coming out every few days that seems to be slowly getting things right. I'm still having issues with the fan running constantly and the MacBook still gets very warm when VDJ8 has been running for a while.

I fitted extra RAM and now have 16Gb in the MacBook, to be honest this hasn't really made any difference and the CPU is still maintaining between 4% & 6%. I still suspect a cumulative memory leak somewhere in the programming, but overall i'm pretty happy with the way things are progressing

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    To be honest the MAC version has come on in leaps and bounds since I originally posted. There's an update coming out every few days that seems to be slowly getting things right. I'm still having issues with the fan running constantly and the MacBook still gets very warm when VDJ8 has been running for a while.

I fitted extra RAM and now have 16Gb in the MacBook, to be honest this hasn't really made any difference and the CPU is still maintaining between 4% & 6%. I still suspect a cumulative memory leak somewhere in the programming, but overall i'm pretty happy with the way things are progressing
    I had similar heat issues with a high spec i7 and traktor. Downgraded to a high clock speed Core 2 duo with 4gb ram and it runs loads better... Not sure the multiple cores ate even utilised even when they're enabled!?

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

I brought this versiuon as a plaything and to start to get ready for when my cd decs n cortexs pac up.

had to go back to the previous version as I couldnt get it to accept the sound2light patch for freestyler.

A few other minor issus as well, I hate change and takes mer a long while to adapt ( a result of 5 heart arttacks) so hoping they will put some of the buttons back into the same place as previous versions.

I must admit that vdj8 is far quicker than 7 and seems lighter on resources, which is a refreshing change

In todays climate they have been very brave not only to build a new version from the ground up, but to take the time and effort to get it out in beta format for testing purposes.
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

controller unlocked lets have some fun tomorrow - but time to learn the changes

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    I must admit that vdj8 is far quicker than 7 and seems lighter on resources, which is a refreshing change
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    Agreed.
    Interesting. Don't tell me I may have to try something else new and improved? My but this modern world is a constantly changing place, most disturbing.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Mine seems to be shutting the laptop down after about 20 mins use - going to reinstall later but anyone else having issues

Anyone tried VDJ8 with the Denon MC6000?

Bought a new laptop (win 8.1 64 bit, 8gig ram), decided to put VDJ8 on. Installed the Denon ASIO drivers etc.

Plugged in the MC6000 into my laptop, it detected the controller and installed some WASAPI drivers too?

ASIO & WASAPI drivers showing in VDJ8. I can only seem to get sound out when using the WASAPI drivers, nothing from the ASIO drivers?

Also, the midi mappings are all over the place (I think), i.e. on deck A, if the play/pause button works, the faders/eq etc does not. Fiddle with the deck order, the faders start working, but the play/pause stops.

Plus, seems to freeze/crash every now and then.

Getting annoyed with it. So....

Decided to install VDJ7, worked with the MC6000 first time, no problems. Looks like I'll be sticking with VDJ7 for a while.

Anyone had these issues, if so, how do I fix it. Going to ask VDJ, just wondering if anyone here has a fix.

Many thanks
    Edward.

I have been using VDJ 7 and it is solid as a rock. I even did a whole summer playing festivals using it on a netbook and a EKS XP10 controller and it never missed a beat. This is what the problem is at this point. As VDJ 7 is so reliable and easy to use, it will take alot for us to cross over. I have had a play with it myself and while i do like it, I agree it will take time to trust it as much as VDJ 7