Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Professional Bubble machine any recommendations?

Default Professional Bubble machine any recommendations?

Hi
    I do a few kids parties now and again but one client has specifically requested bubbles during the party and i was wondering if anyone could recommend any particular brand or model that is particulary good and does what it says on the tin so to speak.
    budget is about £ 120.00 hopefully and i know you can get them much cheaper than that but i was looking for something a little more powerful and slightly bigger.
    thanks

The Chauvet Bubble King usually gets the most votes on these threads:

http://www.chauvetlighting.co.uk/bubble-king.html

But I'd be inclined to concentrate more on the quality of the bubble fluid you use rather than the machine itself (I've used several over the years and find them all a bit "samey" to be honest). I wouldn't recommend any heavy fluid as the bubbles don't burst until they've hit the floor which results in a slip hazard on hard or vinyl flooring and accidents can happen to kids (been there, done that, got the t-shirt, wrote the book, etc etc). Likewise, too fine a fluid and they won't create the bubbles properly. I've not used bubbles for years so I'm sure someone will be along to recommend some quality fluid that is available nowadays!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I asked the same question 2 years ago and the bubble king was recommended, I likewise would now recommend. Bubble fluid wise I've found QTX fluid to be good. Got some emergency fluid from maplins once and it's like oiling the dance floor!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Le Maitre 'Super Bubble Fluid' ICE007 is in my opinion the best on the market, but it comes with a hefty price tag of £25 ish for 5L, one saving grace is that it can be diluted down a bit
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Default thanks

Thanks for the replies
    ive decided to go for the chauvet bubble king as oppose to the qtfx-b4 i was looking at as it has a higher output i think and regarding the fluid, chrisj on here has recommended a non slip fluid made by a company called rosco which is about 23.00 for nearly 4 litres so not too bad.
    im going to get some uv bubble fluid as well for the adults.
    thanks a lot

I have heard about rosco before but where do you buy it from... Nobody seems to have it!

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

I've always 'ummed' and 'ahhed' about a bubble machine. Do you guys find if there is a lot of demand for it? And do venues throw up any restrictions on their use?

I do quite a few kids parties, around 1/4 of them will ask for the bubble machine.
    Also in the summer I sometimes am asked to pop it outside and leave it on, that's probably only happened 5 times since I bought it 2ish years ago.

Only ever been told I cannot use it once, I always tell the client that they need to check for venue restrictions with smoke/haze and bubbles though so maybe they aren't allowed more often than I know.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I do quite a few kids parties, around 1/4 of them will ask for the bubble machine.
    Also in the summer I sometimes am asked to pop it outside and leave it on, that's probably only happened 5 times since I bought it 2ish years ago.

Only ever been told I cannot use it once, I always tell the client that they need to check for venue restrictions with smoke/haze and bubbles though so maybe they aren't allowed more often than I know.
    You're a better man than I - I don't have the patience for kids parties!

But if it's use is minimal, I may as well not worry about getting one.

Please note, drug references are not acceptable even if in jest, thank you. Admin.
    Last edited by Solitaire Events Ltd; 23-06-2014 at 01:04 PM.

QTX B4 is a awesome machine!