Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water, H2o adj effect any good?

Default Water, H2o adj effect any good?

Looking for new toys aiming for effects which don't require smoke mainly for weddings and balls etc.

I've seen the American DJ H2o lights in videos on YouTube and think they might be the answer to go along with a couple of moving heads and floor wash.

Has anybody got experience using these? Are they very bright / do you need a couple to get a decent effect? Also can you decide what colour or does it just rotate constantly?

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

In short - they're brilliant

I got mine last week. I've only used it the once and the room was in full sunlight so couldn't really tell how bright it is in the real world.
    I get the chance to try it out again next weekend in a darkened room, so will report back then. I'm getting the feeling I might need two of them though to get a decent coverage over the floor.

I bought a couple of them a while back and have used them twice. They are very good actually, not sure why I haven't used them more.

I've found them best when used to highlight a feature as they add a bit of movement to it. If you're outside they're fantastic on trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I bought a couple of them a while back and have used them twice. They are very good actually, not sure why I haven't used them more.
    I remember a year ago somebody local to me said the same, does make me wonder if I'll actually use them myself but I'll give them a go.

Just looking through previous threads and last year you said you might be interested in selling? If you still wanted to sell I'm passing by Basingstoke Saturday sometime between 12 and 1pm

Yep, I've got an H2O and love it.

You can set the colours to change of stay the same. I used it in green to highlight a scary face on a wall for a Hallowe'en party. Very effective with the ripple effect.

You can wind kids up too by teasing them to "stay out of the water". Great for warm up time on an empty dancefloor.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    You can wind kids up too by teasing them to "stay out of the water".
    Never thought of kids parties, bet the small kids find it fascinating!

I have one, only use it for hire outs in dinner ceiling lighting. Good for chill rooms etc. but I don't tend to use it for main gigs.
    Its OK but not brilliant IMO.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I remember a year ago somebody local to me said the same, does make me wonder if I'll actually use them myself but I'll give them a go.

Just looking through previous threads and last year you said you might be interested in selling? If you still wanted to sell I'm passing by Basingstoke Saturday sometime between 12 and 1pm
    I think I'm going to keep them mate. They're still pretty cheap though if you look around.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I think I'm going to keep them mate. They're still pretty cheap though if you look around.
    Not to worry, may even look at getting a Chauvet Abyss 3.0 due to the slightly brighter (maybe) LED and DMX for a few quid extra.