Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: ADJ Spherion

Default ADJ Spherion

Has anyone got one of these? Are they any good? Do they impress your clients? If yours got nicked would you buy another? Any opinions would be appreciated
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

I personally think that the ADJ Jellydome looks better.

Cheaper too.

I had the Chauvet equivalent, the Rotosphere. It was OK, it did the job. But it wore out recently and after looking around, I went for the JellyDome to replace it. Like Benny says, it's cheaper and looks better because the whole thing lights up.

I've got a pair and they look very classy in the right setting. The RGB ones are not so classy as you can see the red/green/blue dots on the walls, etc when trying to create white. The white ones are not DMX, they just rotate at one speed in one direction, but that's the joy of the effect.

Name:  smeetham 1.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  36.7 KB
    DJ Ian Scott
    www.djianscott.com

"The Earth has music for those who listen."

i was deciding whether to buy one of these rgb ones or 2 x jellydomes and the jellydomes won.
    i have clamped the two jellydomes together and made an electronic mirror ball which looks great and then if need be you can unclamp them and use them seperately for other effects etc.

I bought one a couple of days ago white led not rgb as I have an old school mirror ball pinspots etc but as those that also have them know they're a pain to set up. So liked wht I saw in the the online videos etc of this and took the £149 plunge.

Initial thoughts as it spins away in the living room is I like it alot! My mirrorball set up is booked for a Wedding next week but this will be coming instead. Full repot to follow Pete
    Professional DJ & Event services inc Led & Starlight dancefloors, Venue uplighting

Derbyshire Wedding DJ - Wedding Uplighting, Dancefloors and Professional Wedding DJs

I have two RGB Speherions and in the right place they look great. I tend to have them on a Music Active mode and many clients have commented positively on them. In the first picture we co-ordinated the whole venue in a golden yellow, and the second was for a Xmas party. When there is a low ceiling, with a couple of totems (with uplighters) the Speherions atop look great.

Name:  Jenny & Dan-1.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  57.9 KBName:  Truss and Starlight Rig for Xmas Party.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  54.6 KB
    www.djjules.co.uk
    Covering Essex, Kent, East and West Sussex and Surrey

Thanks for the replies so far chaps, keep them coming, I look forward for your in depth report Paul, which reminds me I must get a report and pics done of the Equinox Giga bars I've recently purchased.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire