Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couriers, don't you just love 'em?

Default Couriers, don't you just love 'em?

I'm expecting a parcel from Hot Covers, in Scotland. Copied and pasted from the Interlink Express site's Where has my parcel been?

Date & Time Location Description
    10 Jul 2014 15:05 Tannochside We have your parcel and it's on its way to you
    A good start.

11 Jul 2014 00:34 Hub 1 - Birmingham We have your parcel, and it's on its way to your nearest depot in Hessay
    Well it's already passed me once, but at least it's expected on the 11th, the designated day, so no dramas.

11 Jul 2014 06:37 Middlesbrough Your parcel is with your nearest delivery depot in Preston Farm Industrial Estate

Drama time. It now appears to be heading back to Scotland. It was supposed to be in York, and it's ended up in Middlesborough!

11 Jul 2014 08:20 Middlesbrough There's a delay with your parcel

You don't say?

and we've now sorted it
    Jury's out on that one.

11 Jul 2014 23:16 Hub 1 - Birmingham We have your parcel, and it's on its way to your nearest depot in Hessay
    It must like Brum, that's the second time it's been there. Still, at least they've found a depot that's only twenty miles away, not a hundred and twenty, so I suppose that's an improvement.

12 Jul 2014 06:30 York Your parcel is with your nearest delivery depot in Hessay
    Hallelujah! Only three days later than promised, let's hope they can find Boots the Chemists, in Pocklington, and not York, Birmingham, Middlesborough, or Patagonia.

I'll keep you posted as to the next stop on its tour of the United Kingdom.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I feel your pain, but all couriers are not the same, I've had stuff delivered from our Teutonic friends in Germany in just 2 days.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Fingers crossed that this act doesn't go international!

have used interlink a lot in the past, always collected from depot as its easier for me.
    one was in Huddersfield ..
    one was in Brighton..
    one was n Manchester, his was in Portsmouth (my depot) ..
    3 out of many though so not entirely an issue, they always blamed my office, to be honest I can see that .. but its always nice following your parcel as it shoots around the u.k.

I shudder every time I get told UK Mail are delivering to me.

Saturday deliveries (premium paid obviously)...sorry - it's been delayed
    Times deliveries (again, premium paid)....late every time so far

And as for their customer service - don't start me on that one

Well it arrived in Pocklington without further problems, so that's something to be thankful for.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

We couriered some urgent wedding items for my wife's business, guaranteed next day delivery from Doncaster to Huddersfield.

Then went via Stevenage and Bradford and arrived 3 days later.

Needless to say I went mad and got my money back. No compo though and an ear battering from an irate bride - well, it was our fault of course.

I'm currently watching three parcels that are coming over from Germany by DHL. I have three tracking numbers. Apparently all three parcels left at the same time, but all three now have different statuses. It looks like one is still in Germany, and the other two might be in the UK on their way to a local DHL depot. All three seem to have been sent using different services despite two of the parcels being identical.

All three have different statuses, and have had their statuses updated with info about there whereabouts on Saturday since I checked them this morning...

Can't wait to see what turns up and when!!

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I'm currently watching three parcels that are coming over from Germany by DHL. I have three tracking numbers. Apparently all three parcels left at the same time, but all three now have different statuses. It looks like one is still in Germany, and the other two might be in the UK on their way to a local DHL depot. All three seem to have been sent using different services despite two of the parcels being identical.

All three have different statuses, and have had their statuses updated with info about there whereabouts on Saturday since I checked them this morning...

Can't wait to see what turns up and when!!

Julian
    You can sell that idea to the BBC for a new Top Gear race across Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pe7e View Post
    I feel your pain, but all couriers are not the same, I've had stuff delivered from our Teutonic friends in Germany in just 2 days.
    You're quite right ... some are far far worse for example -

Business Post / UK Mail -

Ordered 4 lighting effects from an ebay seller, 3-5 days delivery - 7 days gone, I contact the seller. They should be with me says the seller. I wait another 3 days and contact the seller again - he contacts business post and they tell him they've tried to deliver twice.
    Strange as I hadn't left the house during normal delivery times all week! I ask for the details and I contact business post - "we've tried twice and nobody was in" so anyway they'll try again tomorrow!
    Tomorrow comes and goes and an hour before they close I call them again, where's my parcel - "we tried to deliver but you weren't in" ... I'm ed off now so I drive to the depot and ask to see the manager - I get the same crap over again so I ask "what does my house look like" ... the manager gets the driver and he is all in my face and annoyed saying my house has turf and a brown door which it does not!! They check the address with me and it's correct, so I show him ID and say just give me the parcel - oh we've sent it back to the seller because we've had 3 failed delivery attempts!

I kept calm and asked if they could get the parcel back to the depot and I'll just collect it "so that you guys can't make any more mistakes" ... it's at this point they decide I'm the enemy and tell me the seller has to deal with it and oh we're closing now so you'll have to go! No apology, and of course I tell the seller and he thinks I'm taking the and demands another payment for postage as he doesn't believe me over his regular courier! In the end I paid for my own courier to collect the parcel along with the postage as I didn't see me getting my lights any other way!

Parcel 2 Go -

Took a week to deliver on a 48 hour delivery and instead of a DJ Mixer I got a Shower Pump (I didn't take the delivery) ... then they took a week to collect it and re deliver my DJ Mixer!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD