Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couriers, don't you just love 'em?

Lol, quick update on my race across Europe.... the first parcel to leave Germany hasn't arrived here yet. However, one of the other two parcels that left at the same time and are the same size and were sent using the same service have arrived. Not sure where the other one is yet

Hopefully they'll all turn up by the weekend...

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Told you there was a problem with that Boots branch! The Post Office near me couldn't find it on their system....
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

I'm beginning to think that in future I'll only buy things I can pick up myself.

And it all started so well. I ordered a tri par bundle from Thomann, who got the order moving in double quick time. It made its way across Germany with steady progress, and arrived in England, no problem. I was tracking its every movement avidly, and was delighted to note that it had been processed in my local depot, and loaded into the delivery van at 7am Wednesday, when my wife would stay in all day waiting. All good so far, eh? Well keep reading, cos Parcel Force are going to foul it up completely.

So, the final time for delivery came and went without the parcel appearing, and when I got home to check why, it appeared that " couldn't find address" was the reason. Cue one extremely unhappy DJ contacting what passes for customer service. Didn't do a lot for my blood pressure. " We couldn't deliver it, because we didn't have the full address, Thomann left off the first line, specifying your house ". Curious.

" Anyway, now you've given us the missing information, we'll deliver it tomorrow". Oh no you won't cos there won't be anyone there to sign for it. If I wanted to send it elsewhere, I'd have to pay £5.50 for the privelege, but I could have it sent to my local Post Office for a mere £1, and pick it up myself. Sadly, Parcel force's definition of " Local" doesn't tally with mine. After being offered a bunch of Post Offices nowhere near me I finally conveyed to them where my local Post Office was. I simply had to turn up with my £1, and evidence of my identity. All good again, eh? Ooh no, we're soon going to see why I think they ought to be called Parcel Farce.

I called into the Post Office early to see if it had magically appeared, but no such luck. The assistant asked where my card was, to say it had been taken to the Post Office. When I replied that I didn't have a card because the driver couldn't find my house, the response was " Oh. Well I can't let you have it without a card" Never mind, I'll cross that bridge when the parcel arrives. One step forward, ones step back, eh?

Purely by chance, I returned home in the afternoon, and as I left again, I spotted a big red van in my mirrors. Could it be? I stopped, and walked back to speak to the driver. I asked him if he was perchance seeking me? He said he'd just left me a card, and he'd dropped the parcel with my neighbour. Well, that's a lot better, but why hadn't he taken it to the Post Office, as arranged?

" Can't drop it at the Post Office, it's too big" Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Then why did they tell me they could send it there? Yesterday, he couldn't find my house not because of a fault in the address, but because he's new to the round, and his crappy sat nav uses the mapping system which can't find me. I know to the inch where it took him, and it's pretty close in a straight line across the river, but nearly ten miles by road.

Now I've got the package here, I can see exactly what's happened. Thomann did in fact put all the right address on the label, but as Eric Morecambe once said " not necessarily in the right order ". And what was next to the big label bearing this confusing data? The document pouch, proudly bearing an exactly correct address clearly visible. And what was taped next to that? A big scan of an Ordnance Survey map, with big arrows pointing to my house, and the nearest road junction. That was obviously how he'd found me today.

I emailed them to complain, and received the reply to the effect of " We're very sorry you received it late, but you've got it now, so all's well that ends well " Not in my opinion, but I'll settle for that. If only they'd used UPS.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    If only they'd used UPS.
    Wash your mouth out!

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I'm beginning to think that in future I'll only buy things I can pick up myself.

And it all started so well. I ordered a tri par bundle from Thomann, who got the order moving in double quick time. It made its way across Germany with steady progress, and arrived in England, no problem. I was tracking its every movement avidly, and was delighted to note that it had been processed in my local depot, and loaded into the delivery van at 7am Wednesday, when my wife would stay in all day waiting. All good so far, eh? Well keep reading, cos Parcel Force are going to foul it up completely.

So, the final time for delivery came and went without the parcel appearing, and when I got home to check why, it appeared that " couldn't find address" was the reason. Cue one extremely unhappy DJ contacting what passes for customer service. Didn't do a lot for my blood pressure. " We couldn't deliver it, because we didn't have the full address, Thomann left off the first line, specifying your house ". Curious.

" Anyway, now you've given us the missing information, we'll deliver it tomorrow". Oh no you won't cos there won't be anyone there to sign for it. If I wanted to send it elsewhere, I'd have to pay £5.50 for the privelege, but I could have it sent to my local Post Office for a mere £1, and pick it up myself. Sadly, Parcel force's definition of " Local" doesn't tally with mine. After being offered a bunch of Post Offices nowhere near me I finally conveyed to them where my local Post Office was. I simply had to turn up with my £1, and evidence of my identity. All good again, eh? Ooh no, we're soon going to see why I think they ought to be called Parcel Farce.

I called into the Post Office early to see if it had magically appeared, but no such luck. The assistant asked where my card was, to say it had been taken to the Post Office. When I replied that I didn't have a card because the driver couldn't find my house, the response was " Oh. Well I can't let you have it without a card" Never mind, I'll cross that bridge when the parcel arrives. One step forward, ones step back, eh?

Purely by chance, I returned home in the afternoon, and as I left again, I spotted a big red van in my mirrors. Could it be? I stopped, and walked back to speak to the driver. I asked him if he was perchance seeking me? He said he'd just left me a card, and he'd dropped the parcel with my neighbour. Well, that's a lot better, but why hadn't he taken it to the Post Office, as arranged?

" Can't drop it at the Post Office, it's too big" Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Then why did they tell me they could send it there? Yesterday, he couldn't find my house not because of a fault in the address, but because he's new to the round, and his crappy sat nav uses the mapping system which can't find me. I know to the inch where it took him, and it's pretty close in a straight line across the river, but nearly ten miles by road.

Now I've got the package here, I can see exactly what's happened. Thomann did in fact put all the right address on the label, but as Eric Morecambe once said " not necessarily in the right order ". And what was next to the big label bearing this confusing data? The document pouch, proudly bearing an exactly correct address clearly visible. And what was taped next to that? A big scan of an Ordnance Survey map, with big arrows pointing to my house, and the nearest road junction. That was obviously how he'd found me today.

I emailed them to complain, and received the reply to the effect of " We're very sorry you received it late, but you've got it now, so all's well that ends well " Not in my opinion, but I'll settle for that. If only they'd used UPS.
    Just to rub salt onto the wound, I ordered some things from the aforementioned German company on Tuesday and the nice man delivered it to me this morning :-)
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

only problem i have with uk post is im always at work and they always seem to knock on the one neighbor who works nights - so he is ed when I collect the package later
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Lucifer is as we speak preparing a special circle of Hell for Yodel.

They " tried " to deliver a parcel four days ago, but " nobody was in, so we left a card ". slight terminological inexactitude there, I feel.

We were in, and they didn't leave a card, because I'm fairly sure they were somewhere else, and I know just where. So, reschedule. Simples.

Oh no. All automated, and not simples. Anyhoo, rescheduled for day before yesterday. Not showing in tracking as updated, so no show.

Yesterday, I Web Chat with Onela, who reschedules for yesterday, but website tracking doesn't update. Another no show.

Today I'm on the phone to South Africa, or someone native to there. It's disappeared somewhere, I think it's now at the back of the depot somewhere.

OK, the official line. It's all the driver's fault. Well, I agree, the initial error is his ( hers?) but from there on in, it's all organisation.
    I'm now a " High Urgency " delivery, and scheduled for " Today ".
    Like I've been scheduled for " Today " for the last three days.

Despite being High Urgency, today isn't guaranteed.
    Tune in tomorrow for the next thrilling instalment.

Well, here's a turn up!! Obviously, this High Urgency is the answer. 7pm, and a knock on the door reveals Mr Yodel, bearing my parcel. Yippee.

I ordered some dry ice last week on the Monday for Friday from Dioxice. It got to 5.30pm and I started to worry. The lady got back to that evening and after all number of phone calls the next morning, turns out they had 'lost' my parcel (brilliant, how can you loose a box that large). I tried all afternoon to source some, but no chance on a Saturday! I even tried to make my own dry ice machine using cooled smoke, but it was crap. I ended up buying some confetti cannons and the B&G said they actually thought that was better than the fog.

I will be going to bOC gases down the road in future (although Dioxice have said they will supply me 2 free orders).
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/