Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Denon HD2500 / New Controller? I need some help / advice....please!

Ended up going for the Denon HC4500.
    Purchased VDJ8 too and it works nicely.
    Flightcase is a bit heavier but I can handle that. Thought I may have to get a new flightcase but everything fits in snug.

I also drilled 2 holes in the side of the flightcase so that I can turn the power on both units.

Name:  Denon Rack.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  92.1 KB

So you're not a Denon Fan then?
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

What do you make of the 4500, Gary? As a backup system, isn't it a bit much considering the necessity of a laptop to accompany it?

I was thinking about getting an SD card player as backup, but not keen on adding it permanently into my case. The lighter weight of the MC6000 appeals, I'm thinking more and more about it...

What do I think of it?
    Well, I've only used it for around 30 minutes doing some testing but I like it. Really easy to use and no lagging either.
    I don't think its too much to be honest - The idea is for back up but it could be that I use it more and more as time goes by.
    It may end up as my main play out system. Having the HD2500 on there too is extra piece of mind. I've tested it quite thoroughly now and the problem hasn't been replicated (as yet).

The flightcase is heavy yes but that isn't much of an issue really.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    The flightcase is heavy yes but that isn't much of an issue really.
    Speaking as the man who used to use one of the most cumbersome, heavy and awkward flightcases known to mankind, I would never ever countenance returning to such a setup. The joy of strolling into a venue with the VMS in one hand, and a laptop over my shoulder, knowing that I've got my basic playout all there is immense. It sacrifices a small amount of the immense capabilities of the x-500, but not enough to make it an issue.

Gary, I know one highly respected forum member who has replaced an MC600 with a 4500, one who's about to, and one who wants to. You're in good company, but I won't be joining your club. ( Might have a dabble at one of the 6000s though, as backup )
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I looked at the MC6000 and also the MKII and I personally thought that it wasn't for me. I don't think I would have used it to its potential.
    I also looked at another option which was a Numark thing (can't remember the model) that worked off the iPad which was really simple and would have done the trick too but I just fancied the HD4500.

Going to test it properly in a gig environment tonight as I am at my local. It will also give me the chance to go through the HD2500 again for a good 4 hours to see if there are any hiccups. I am only out tonight before it gets stupidly busy for the next couple of months so should anything need tweaking, I have plenty of time tomorrow and up until next Friday.

I love Denon - I used to have that exact set up, mixer and all. The denon Serato controller is spot on if you don't mind small platters and not many features (such as the three cue points). Solid, simple and reliable.

Keep an eye out for the denon version of the Numark NV as that will be a stand alone unit like the HD2500. Bit like this but much better (Hopefully). I am hoping for a sneaky peak at some point soon as they seemed happy with my 6000 mk2 review.

Last edited by yourdj; 26-07-2014 at 08:13 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Flightcase is a bit heavier but I can handle that.
    A bit heavier?

That is exactly what I used for ages, but the MC6000 makes everything more flexible and is so much lighter....

I can handle it mate, honestly it isn't that bad.
    I've gone through the system again today (whilst it's hotter than hot outside) and I've changed a few things.
    When I installed VDJ8 I got rid of VDJ7. I re-installed that just to be safe.
    I also took out the internal HD on the Denon HD2500 as for some reason this afternoon it decided to start creating a database for it when it hasn't worked for years? Very strange!
    I also noticed that one of the external HD's suddenly went from having 15,000+ tracks to 8500. This was the one (Seagate powered) that I thought may have been causing the problems. I took it out of the flightcase, hooked it up to Music Manager and yes only 8500 tracks?? I clicked on one of them - The Black Keys - Gold On The Ceiling and guess what..... Gangnam Style started playing.......even stranger!!

I've been sat here for the last few hours sorting out back up.....Luckily (although I didn't think it at the time), I was awake and up at 5.00am.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    A bit heavier?
    I can handle it mate, honestly it isn't that bad.
    I said that too. I was wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    That is exactly what I used for ages, but the MC6000 makes everything more flexible and is so much lighter....
    With the rider that no so much of my kit bore the legend "Denon" as my colleague, he is 100% correct.

I also noticed that one of the external HD's suddenly went from having 15,000+ tracks to 8500. This was the one (Seagate powered) that I thought may have been causing the problems. I took it out of the flightcase, hooked it up to Music Manager and yes only 8500 tracks?? I clicked on one of them - The Black Keys - Gold On The Ceiling and guess what..... Gangnam Style started playing.......even stranger!!
    I didn't say anything earlier Gary, but I thought having two HDs hooked up permanently was a bad idea. You had a backup playout ready, so in the event of a failure of drive 1, simply play a track from backup, swap with drive 2, and reboot.

And of course, there are the financial consequences of doubling the number of mp3s being used as playout.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk