Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13 year olds!

Default 13 year olds!

A little help needed please.

Just been booked to do a 13 year olds birthday party - a girl. Now I haven't actually done a 13th for some while. I am sure everything will be fine. I have had a lot of contact with the mother and there is a list of the birthday girls fave songs on the way. I have mentioned glow stick and blow up guitars and bananas which went down well...

but what more would you suggest - do they play party games at that age? Do you interact with them as much as you can?

Or play the tunes and have fun?

We've done quite a few teenage parties and all they want is the music and not some cheesey chatty DJ....

Games would be a bit babyish at that age I reckon.

Although 'games' as such may be a bit babyish, ones that get the boys and girst together go down well - such as 'Arches', where you get the girls to form arches and the boys to run down the middle and when the music stops, they drop the arches to try and catch a boy.... then swap round so that the boys do the arches and the girls run down the middle.

We've had parties for this age where they didn't want to do anything else for the entire party!!!!!!!!!!!! (It's at that awkward age where they are still pretending that they dislike each other, but really want to spend time with each other!)

As with everything though, it does depend on the group you've got on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Entertainments Ltd View Post
    We've done quite a few teenage parties and all they want is the music and not some cheesey chatty DJ....

Games would be a bit babyish at that age I reckon.
    Surely you mean a personality DJ.....

ive found 13 year olds the best parties to be honest would agree with whats been said they know what they like and are not afraid to tell you so dont worry and from my experience they have all be completely mad lol in a good way.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Ricesnaps View Post
    Surely you mean a personality DJ.....
    are you saying some djs dont have one lolol?
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    are you saying some djs dont have one lolol?
    It would seem just the cheesy ones

being a personality DJ will say that 13yr old parties are pure music from the last 3 years + a good party set from all years, this normally works out great.

You can get away with girl vs boy dance offs which can be immense fun for all or even best male & female dancer but in general only songs with actions work every time

I am Kaz's daughter. I will be 13 this month and mum will be doing my disco.

My opinion is party games are cool but not the stuff like musical chairs, musical status and musical bumps (we are too old for that - lol). Stuff like limbo and arches would be more appropriate for our age group.

Music wise they will ask for what they want to be played. Party dances always go down well (my mum normally dances to them too) eg. Saturday night, macerena, oops up side your head, cha cha slide, hey baby and stuff like that.

Too much interaction at our age can be boring and at times gets really annoying, best left for the little kids, like my 8 year old sister. A little interaction is good because then you don't just sit around talking (boring lol) Interaction can encourage some people to dance more and get involved in games too.

Hope this helps.

Taz
    -x-
    Krazy by name - krazy by nature.They don't call me Krazy for nothing

www.kkdisco.co.uk

www.freecycle.org (keeping good stuff out of landfills - Please take a look)

thanks for the post kazs daughter .... any chance of you sneakily posting a pic of your mum doing the dances we all want to know what she looks like lol.