Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Wedding Fairs

Default Wedding Fairs

OK - I'm starting to get stuff in the inbox about attending upcoming wedding fairs in the Autumn.

The trouble is - I don't know where to start on this one.

It's something I want to do and have been planning on doing since starting back up in February (man cannot live on NaD bookings alone)...however...I've never actually BEEN to a wedding fair let alone taken part as an exhibitor (and yes, I will be attending some when they get going in the autumn...however I need to think about booking myself in now if I'm going to do it).

So, those of you who have done these things....what do you do?
    Do you set up a mini version of your rig for people to see?
    Do you take loads of photo and video to display?

Is it just a case of a table with ad-boards and displays and a friendly face?

I know I'm going to need trinkets like giveaway pens etc, and booking forms to hopefully fill next year's order book (although doubt people will be booking on the spot).

So....completely open to suggestions, good and bad.

Over to you gentlemen

Best piece of advise I can give is make sure the venue does not have a tied supplier and inclusive packages. If most of your customers turning up already have a DJ in their package supplied by the hotel you are banging your head against a wall.

We have seen business die away these last couple of years as venues are doing package deals that include the DJ from their preferred agency in the package price. It would appear lots of hotels are now taking this approach and closing down lots of opportunities.

So if you are paying to go to fair at a venue who have inclusive packages a lot of your potential customers will not be interested.
    www.nkentertainment.co.uk
    The north wests premier wedding DJ and singer package. We will not be beaten on quality!
    www.michaelmooble.co.uk

My honourable friend from the wrong side of the Pennines is absolutely correct. I've not done any fairs for decades, but I believe perceived wisdom is that you should not take a full rig, but laptops running video/slides of your kit, and your work are de rigeur. A couple of uplighters showing how you can " paint a venue with colour " are also helpful.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Got one tomorrow with my local wedding group.
    Some are a waste of time and others are great so go with decent organisers and venues.

I just bring 2 roller banners, promotional packs and a couple of up lighters.
    Perhaps a mirrorball in between the banners. 2 is good especially if people are going both ways.

People come to the fairs to meet people in person so just sell yourself rather than kit (unless you have packages based on equipment).
    More importantly chill out and take a interest in the couples wedding day.

I find the more relaxed I am the more people book. They tend to ask questions anyway so just a general overview is required.
    I have gained LOADS of bookings this year as I know what i am doing now and I clearly don't need the work and it shows.
    Last edited by yourdj; 11-10-2014 at 02:29 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/