Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Corrtex HDC 1000

First of all - get the correct power supply for the cortex! theres usually some on well known auction site or at least get one the correct volt/ampage.

I have 4 cortexes - 2 for each mixer desk, 3 ran harddrives ok without a powered hub, but the other just did not want to work properly without one!.

Personally i would forget all about using harddrives and use memory sticks, I use the kingston (genuine not the cheap ones) 128 gigs and they work beuatifully plus as no moving parts and if not using a keyboard you can hold the up n down arrows without the playing track faultering

make sure you have the latest firmware installed - its no longer on there website - if you message me your email addy i will try n find were i have stored the last update.
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

Default CORTEX AND HARD DRIVES

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    First of all - get the correct power supply for the cortex! theres usually some on well known auction site or at least get one the correct volt/ampage.

I have 4 cortexes - 2 for each mixer desk, 3 ran harddrives ok without a powered hub, but the other just did not want to work properly without one!.

Personally i would forget all about using harddrives and use memory sticks, I use the kingston (genuine not the cheap ones) 128 gigs and they work beuatifully plus as no moving parts and if not using a keyboard you can hold the up n down arrows without the playing track faultering

make sure you have the latest firmware installed - its no longer on there website - if you message me your email addy i will try n find were i have stored the last update.
    I have been running mine with either 64gb memory stick or a couple of unpowered hard drives 250gb.

Once I got the MP3s into folders its all been perfect now for many years.