Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Webnation Site

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    'It conjures up memories of when he was a young lad at his cousin's wedding where the DJ rocked up with his bland light show and his speakers that were held together by gaffer tape, shovelling buffet food into his mouth and spending the entire night three sheets to the wind'

'Along with this, there is the nightclub grade sound system that doesn't have that muffled sound that we all dread'

'Thankfully, tacky mobile discos are a thing of the past'

'Why risk your wedding entertainment to just anybody?'

No one want's to book a tacky, muffled disco run by a drunk greedy DJ (and don't assume everybody has experienced that stereotype in the past), so why mention it? Your positive content clearly raises you above that standard by saying what you do rather than saying what you don't do.

Try reading it without those comments and see if you think it comes across better - I think it does.
    I don't consider those to be scaremongering. I think that pointing how I set myself apart from the others is important.

However...

I also think you're right about how things can read much nicer without some of those comments, so based on your feedback I have changed a few things. I am keeping the story of my cousin's wedding in there, because it shows what influences my level of service, which I think is reassuring. You are indeed right that not everyone has experienced such levels of unprofessionalism (it that actually a word?), but a lot of people have, and even more have certainly heard about such things. So thank you for that.

The bottom of the site has Solihul (one "L" at the end ) should be Solihull

Quote Originally Posted by Parkboy View Post
    The bottom of the site has Solihul (one "L" at the end ) should be Solihull
    Thank you for spotting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    I don't consider those to be scaremongering.
    I have always avoided comparing myself to bad DJ's in a negative light - especially to that extent as it won't do you any favours and will attract the wrong clientele.

I did this for mine, as i am not bothered if people shop about as clients are not silly these days:

http://www.yourdj.co.uk/wedding-disco-service.php

Cant see too much on the site that is negative however, it looks great. Although it is "all about you" so having some photos of you and brides or clients etc. on the main pages might even it out a bit. If I was a bride or groom I would worry that you would take over a bit or talk too much etc. Just my opinion, but worth asking a few females what they think.

I did the same when i developed my new forest site, and realised there was photos of me in every page, which i felt was a bit too narcissistic for a wedding site.

Great site though.
    Last edited by yourdj; 20-08-2014 at 09:54 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I have always avoided comparing myself to bad DJ's in a negative light - especially to that extent as it won't do you any favours and will attract the wrong clientele.

I did this for mine, as i am not bothered if people shop about as clients are not silly these days:

Cant see too much on the site that is negative however, it looks great. Although it is "all about you" so having some photos of you and brides or clients etc. on the main pages might even it out a bit. If I was a bride or groom I would worry that you would take over a bit or talk too much etc. Just my opinion, but worth asking a few females what they think.

I did the same when i developed my new forest site, and realised there was photos of me in every page, which i felt was a bit too narcissistic for a wedding site.

Great site though.
    That's probably a good shout. I did put a fair few pics of me on their as I am selling myself as part of the brand. Once I get some more 'proper' pics (I'm avoiding using the mobile pics as much as possible), I'll increase the number of pics in the slider and add a few more around too.

That's probably a good shout. I did put a fair few pics of me on their as I am selling myself as part of the brand. Once I get some more 'proper' pics (I'm avoiding using the mobile pics as much as possible), I'll increase the number of pics in the slider and add a few more around too.
    I suppose its called Benny Smith LOL. You could use stock pics.

Photos on the testimonial section would be of benefit as some readers will take text only as perhaps not real. Video is the bestir handwritten letter also a nice touch. I have emptied my inbox now.
    Last edited by yourdj; 20-08-2014 at 10:58 AM.

I suppose its called Benny Smith LOL. You could use stock pics now if you wanted?

Photos on the testimonial section would be of benefit as some readers will take text only as perhaps not real. Video is the bestir handwritten letter also a nice touch. I have emptied my inbox now.
    Still not working. I'll message you through your site.

Still not working. I'll message you through your site.
    I know just had about 10 emails. must be a lag on it?

Oh there another one as a write.

I know just had about 10 emails. must be a lag on it?

Oh there another one as a write.
    10 emails? I only pressed send twice. lol

The "ALL DAY DJ" link on your site (in main nav) is borked, ends up at an invalid YouTube URL.